Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning guys,

My girls attended college in Wilmington and I really like the area. Any advice/information on living in or around Wilmington and the fishing would be much appreciated!
I ran a Jones Brothers LT19 for 12 years off NJ, lite tackle and fly fishing. Would probably get something similar for the inshore and nicer days in the ocean in NC.
Thank you.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
My buddy lives there I was just up there a few weeks ago I live in South Florida they have a good inshore fishery there trout, redfish, black drum and flounder but unfortunately they still have commercial netters. Hopefully one day they can remedy that though and their fishery would only be even better. There are a few microskiffer on here from that area. Here are a few pics I was freezing
14199.jpeg
IMG-20191102-WA0015.jpg
IMG-20191105-WA0069.jpg

Morning guys,

My girls attended college in Wilmington and I really like the area. Any advice/information on living in or around Wilmington and the fishing would be much appreciated!
I ran a Jones Brothers LT19 for 12 years off NJ, lite tackle and fly fishing. Would probably get something similar for the inshore and nicer days in the ocean in NC.
Thank you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the report BC16, looks like a fun trip! I know it gets a bit chilly down there but a big improvement compared to PA!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Red drum fishing this year has been tough but like ICM said, trout fishing has been pretty good this fall with size and numbers. Flounder fishing has been all over the past few years. The Wilmington area in general is pretty good and definitely a unique place. When you get glassy days in the fall, you can take even a technical poling skiff out to chase allies within a mile of the beach.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, I like that there’s more than a few options with the inshore/offshore fisheries. Y’all are lucky! Hopefully the fish stocks stay plentiful in the future.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts