Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Just livin’ my life easy come easy go...
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just saw a post from Tibor of purple reels for a special run. Not the first “specials” I’ve seen in purple. Any reason for the color?

·
Fly Fishing Shaman
6,429 Posts
I actually talked to Ted J's daughter a few years ago, who runs the company, about all the new colors on the market. She mentioned that she hates the idea of it all, but they are going with the trend to help sell more reels.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Any fly shop can order a custom color like purple as long as they meet the minimum order. They make them because there is a demand for them. I like the traditional stuff but since reels like Nautilus do custom stuff people call in and complain Tibor wasn't doing it. So they did, now people question that... go figure. Keep in mind, Tibor could cease all fly reel production tomorrow and the company would still be fine, their reels are mearly a tiny blip of all the cool stuff they actually do.

·
Registered
Just livin’ my life easy come easy go...
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Pretty much what I figured, just didn’t know if there was a “special” meaning. I do know that one should be conscious of purple neon outside of any bar or club...

·
I Love microskiff.com!
385 Posts
The single most powerful concept in marketing is : "NEW."

"NEW" not only gets attention from people already in the market, but it is the biggest motivator in getting those NOT in the market to move into the market.

If you love Tibor Reels and have as many as you could ever use, another black or silver reel isn't going to get your attention. But, Purple is "NEW". Purple, itself, is of secondary importance. It's the "NEW" that commands attention.

AND - Even if you hate purple, the "NEW" will likely start the internal conversation "Well, if it were orange, I might could see buying another one..." Tibor already captured your attention with "NEW," and now you're bargaining with yourself over which color will make you add another reel to your collection when you weren't even in the market a few minutes earlier.

The "NEW" will get you, eventually.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts