I bet one that big is tough

·
Registered
234 Posts
to eat it

·
Registered
850 Posts
Growing up, we killed a Warsaw that we caught. I would guess it was between 100-150lbs.

It was completely inedible. Had huge globs of fat, just terrible. We never killed another grouper over 40lbs after that.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Because some people have no conscience.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Caught in 600 feet of water. Double it survived the accent. We have a 1 Warsaw per vessel per day limit in Louisiana.
I think Jmrodandgun nailed it. Doubtful taht fish would have survived the ascent or the fight coming from that depth. I hate to see a fish like that killed, but I don't thing there was much of an option for successful release once landed.

·
Registered
914 Posts
I don't think you know enough about grouper fishing to make that determination but don't let it stop you from shitting on someone.
Agreed, maybe you don’t know enough about shitting on people To make that determination, but don’t let that stop you from judging someone.:eek:

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Occasionally a fish big enough to make the news gets caught and the white knights gets to express their outrage. It would be pretty funny to hear their ideas on how to swim that fish back down alive.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Occasionally a fish big enough to make the news gets caught and the white knights gets to express their outrage. It would be pretty funny to hear their ideas on how to swim that fish back down alive.
ppl catch and release swordfish from much greater depths all the time.

a big fish that fights and is brought up slowly can actually adjust and swim itself back down. i don't know about warsaw groupers specifically but i suspect a big one that came up at the right pace could actually be released successfully.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts