Who's watching the NFL this weekend?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Megalops, Sep 29, 2017.

1. EdK13

EdK13 I Love microskiff.com!

Answer is still No. Minors have only limited rights. In so far as being voluntary, all laws are voluntary. One need only be willing to bear the cost or penalty- whether that cost or penalty is legal, social or economic is determined by the circumstances. That's why I mentioned "A local High School football coach read the following to his team after a talk on making good choices in life". In the age of literally everything one does or says being documented forever (gulp) I think its incumbent upon the youth to play the long game if they are to be satisfied with the life they live. That means thinking before doing. That's all. So, a minor acting out- kneeling..etc.. bad idea.

2. EdK13

Famous second to the last words... Happy Friday.

3. trailblazerEXT

trailblazerEXT I Love microskiff.com!

4. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

I am a Browns fan so the kneeling thing is a very convenient excuse not to watch this year after an 0-4 start. Now that the weather is going to suck this weekend I will likely go back to the confused state of mind I've had since 1999 that "maybe this is the week they turn things around......."

I guess that's what happens when you're raised in a churchstate catholic nazi baptized by urinization society

makin moves likes this.
  5. Str8-Six

Str8-Six I Love microskiff.com!

I’d rather watch the Notebook with my wife, at least it has good actors and all the drama is supposed to be in the movie.

SomaliPirate and makin moves like this.
  6. trailblazerEXT

trailblazerEXT I Love microskiff.com!

Skins have a bye week, but it's not like going to watch the Nats since the Senators went out of business twice so many years ago. Just ain't the same & maybe all that closer to sitting the bench or taking a knee since they just aren't flag worthy anymore.

7. EdK13

Whose watching football in general. Fewer and fewer... many high schools in the northeast, Midwest and West are eliminating it. Cannot imagine why. Cross country and soccer, growing. Shocking.

8. Megalops

Megalops Rex Kwan Do Dojo

Way to go Mike Pence!

Ed! Soccer and cross country?!? Cmon man, who wants to watch that shit. Hahah. But I hear ya.

topnative2 likes this.
  9. topnative2

topnative2 Well-Known Member

Shibumi.

Megalops likes this.
  10. yobata

yobata I Love microskiff.com!

Next up, Mike Pence will attend an R-rated movie and walk out in protest if there is any foul language, violence or adult situations.

Megalops likes this.
  11. Edfish

Edfish I Love microskiff.com!

Not sure if anything good will come from posting on this topic online, but I'd like to try:
    I think it's really understandable that members here would be offended if they thought NFL players were attempting to dishonor our fellow Americans who have served and in absolute terms given more to the country than, for example, I have. Or if they thought "protesters" were attempting to see America is terrible. I think a reasonably objective evaluation of the US is that it's done so, so much right with respect to individual freedoms. Though of course, it's not perfect.

But I also don't agree with some of these statement on the BLM movement, and I generally have no problem if people want to peacefully protest an issue. And I think race issues in America are one of the things that could be better about our country. I think, from what most NFL players protesting have said, that they're specifically trying to not dishonor military or dishonor our country, but are protesting racial unfairness. I think it's reasonable to consider that there is still some racial unfairness, and I think that can be said without saying it's the only problem in the US, or that every problem is related to it. I think most of us would agree with that there are things that we'd like to see changed in our country, even if we focus on different things.

My point in posting is to mention that while I don't see things the way that a lot of the people on this thread apparently do, I am glad that you all care about our country enough to post. It seems like a shame to me if reasonable people who are coming "together" (albeit electronically) to discuss boats and fishing (which many of your know more about than me) are going to be pulled apart because they disagree on how to best make our country better.

yobata and SomaliPirate like this.
  12. Megalops

IMG_3126.JPG
    Good one! Have you seen what Alex Smith has been doing with the Chiefs!?!?

yobata likes this.
  13. yobata

yobata I Love microskiff.com!

Yes, the off coordinators (Nagy and really, Reid) are doing a great job of allowing Smith to play a style of football that really suits him

Megalops likes this.
  14. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

I think its unfair that I didn't grow up in Beverly Hills or Somalia. Lets all be equal!

15. anytide

anytide Administrator Staff Member

i like beer and football. now mostly beer....

makin moves likes this.
  16. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

Life isn't fair but no country on the planet affords individuals the chance to make their lives better. There are going to be racists, bigots, and assholes everywhere you go in this world. Unfortunately we are letting this minorty direct our social climate.

makin moves and AgAngler2370 like this.
  17. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

18. anytide

anytide Administrator Staff Member

19. Megalops

Hmmm. Ben, I take it you're a Bears fan and were drinking last night? Lol.

Jerry Jones is going to bench players next next week (they have a bye) if any players kneel during the National Anthem. Good job Jerry. See, he must a Microskiff lurker.

topnative2 and Ben like this.
  20. Vertigo

Vertigo Carpe Diem

Want to know how much the average football fan cares about NFL players kneeling during the National Anthem? Take a look at the photos of full to overflowing stadiums during games this weekend. Most fans are so absorbed in their own pleasure seeking that they don't care what the overpaid NFL performing monkeys do when they're not actually on the field. Rape, murder, disrespect to our flag? No big deal. Just keep completing those passes and making those big tackles. If enough people really cared about what goes on in the NFL, stadiums would be empty, and NFL advertisers would see sales plummet. Not happening, because most of us just don't care, and that's sad.

A few generations back, our parents and grandparents fought a terrible war to preserve our freedoms. Aircrews climbed into bombers knowing that the odds were about 1 in 3 that they'd not return. Maybe these airmen were naive or maybe they were patriotic enough to knowingly put their lives on the line for the future of our country. I wonder if we could find people like that among NFL fans today?

AgAngler2370 and topnative2 like this.