Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
361K views 3K replies 438 participants last post by  Tripletail 
#1 · (Edited)
Since the thread "What's everyone catching?" is all the way over on the Fishing Reports forum, I thought it would be convenient for us fly fishermen/fisherpersons to have a running thread here on the Fly Fishing Forum on fish caught on fly only to see what everyone is catching lately.

Note: Ideal pic size for fast internet opening, especially on cell phones is 800-1024 dpi length. A little bigger wouldn't hurt tho. So resize them when possible.

We don't care what is is, we just want to see it. ;)

So what did you catch on fly lately? :cool:

SHOWTIME!!! :D

#1,693 ·
2 weeks ago I refreshed a very used 1975 Shakespeare Wonderglass 7WT and a Pfluger GEM reel, no drag just a weak clicker, and loaded some old 6wt line on it.
Needless to say, a 70's vintage fiberglass rod is not exactly stiff. A real wet noodle.
Last week I decided to take the tuned-up and refinished old school set up to the Little Econ River. I've never really fished freshwater before but I thought it might be a fun cheap afternoon and if everything flew into pieces I'd still have a good laugh.....providing I could avoid any contact with the big gators that live in the Econ.

After a bunch of 8-10" smallies fished from the bank, I mustered up the courage to wade in and walk upstream. I found a shallow run and landed 4 largemouth bass about 5-6 lbs on a size 1 black streamer in the next 2 hrs.

FYI...taking pics of fish, solo, while standing knee-deep in known gator waters is not as easy as you might think. Pucker up...

All in all, I had a busload of fun for $40 and a few hours of tinkering with old fishing gear and delivered one of the most fun and scary fishing days of the year so far.

Water Fin Fisherman Fish Fishing

Water Marine biology Fish Fluid Fish products

Gas Pipe Metal Font Composite material

Plumbing fixture Automotive lighting Fluid Window Tool

Attachments

#1,696 ·
2 weeks ago I refreshed a very used 1975 Shakespeare Wonderglass 7WT and a Pfluger GEM reel, no drag just a weak clicker, and loaded some old 6wt line on it.
Needless to say, a 70's vintage fiberglass rod is not exactly stiff. A real wet noodle.
Last week I decided to take the tuned-up and refinished old school set up to the Little Econ River. I've never really fished freshwater before but I thought it might be a fun cheap afternoon and if everything flew into pieces I'd still have a good laugh.....providing I could avoid any contact with the big gators that live in the Econ.

After a bunch of 8-10" smallies fished from the bank, I mustered up the courage to wade in and walk upstream. I found a shallow run and landed 4 largemouth bass about 5-6 lbs on a size 1 black streamer in the next 2 hrs.

FYI...taking pics of fish, solo, while standing knee-deep in known gator waters is not as easy as you might think. Pucker up...

All in all, I had a busload of fun for $40 and a few hours of tinkering with old fishing gear and delivered one of the most fun and scary fishing days of the year so far.

View attachment 204693

View attachment 204694

View attachment 204695

View attachment 204696
hell to the yeah !!

Livin man . That’s awesome.

#1,700 · (Edited)
Great yearly trip to the everglades. Went mostly for Tarpon and caught alot of snook and got a few medium tarpon.

1 day of great site fishing smaller snook on the beach. Perfect conditions and lots of fish. One medium snook from the mangroves. And a fish of a lifetime probably for me 38"21lb snook sight fished on a flat while approaching a shoreline.
Fish Road surface Foot Asphalt Sand

Water Boat Watercraft Sky Cloud
Water Vertebrate Boat Sky Fin

#1,711 ·
Alabama has an extensive river system. This particular river (Coosa River) has 5 or 6 hydro-electric dams. In the Spring and early Summer, these hybrid striped bass can be caught in the swift water below the dams when they are generating power. We caught these on an 8 wt and were throwing a minnow pattern streamer. Great fun and going again next week!!