Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1521 - 1535 of 1535 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
View attachment 193498

Got my first permit last week. Unreal experience, he/she ended up towing me over 1000ft, and fish was landed in about 15mins. A hell of a fish for a 7wt. Released healthy as heck, didn't really take any reviving. I put about as much pressure as I thought I could apply safely during the fight. Caught on a NFC 7wt gamma beta I built, on a strong arm merkin I tied.

·
Registered
1999 Whipray, 2017 Tohatsu MFS50
775 Posts
Congrats! Catching one on a fly you tied is about as good as it gets. The first time I went Permit fishing I tied about a dozen of every Permit fly I could find on YouTube. Got on the boat the first day and the guides looked through my box and sent me back in the lodge to buy some of theirs :ROFLMAO:. Every time I go I come home and tie some new ones with things I learned on previous trips. This past trip in December my son and I caught five between us, and fed three others and all were on ******** Crabs I tied myself.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,292 Posts
View attachment 193498

Got my first permit last week. Unreal experience, he/she ended up towing me over 1000ft, and fish was landed in about 15mins. A hell of a fish for a 7wt. Released healthy as heck, didn't really take any reviving. I put about as much pressure as I thought I could apply safely during the fight. Caught on a NFC 7wt gamma beta I built, on a strong arm merkin I tied.
Wow. Just incredible. Been chasing Biscayne permit for a while now and they are beyond tough. Congrats man!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sky Hat Vertebrate Jaw Fisherman

Hand Gesture Finger Plant Terrestrial plant

laid out a cast to a feeding grass carp led it by about 15ft, let the fly get settled in a good place to give it a lil wiggle when the carp got close, carp is about 7-10ft away, I feel a strike so I set, was kinda confused. This girl drug me straight to the bottom, then gave me a few jumps. Fun lil post freeze pond session, was not expecting a bucketmouth with those kind of temps.

1521 - 1535 of 1535 Posts