Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1521 - 1540 of 1697 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
View attachment 193498

Got my first permit last week. Unreal experience, he/she ended up towing me over 1000ft, and fish was landed in about 15mins. A hell of a fish for a 7wt. Released healthy as heck, didn't really take any reviving. I put about as much pressure as I thought I could apply safely during the fight. Caught on a NFC 7wt gamma beta I built, on a strong arm merkin I tied.

·
Registered
1999 Whipray, 2017 Tohatsu MFS50
781 Posts
Congrats! Catching one on a fly you tied is about as good as it gets. The first time I went Permit fishing I tied about a dozen of every Permit fly I could find on YouTube. Got on the boat the first day and the guides looked through my box and sent me back in the lodge to buy some of theirs :ROFLMAO:. Every time I go I come home and tie some new ones with things I learned on previous trips. This past trip in December my son and I caught five between us, and fed three others and all were on ******** Crabs I tied myself.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,333 Posts
View attachment 193498

Got my first permit last week. Unreal experience, he/she ended up towing me over 1000ft, and fish was landed in about 15mins. A hell of a fish for a 7wt. Released healthy as heck, didn't really take any reviving. I put about as much pressure as I thought I could apply safely during the fight. Caught on a NFC 7wt gamma beta I built, on a strong arm merkin I tied.
Wow. Just incredible. Been chasing Biscayne permit for a while now and they are beyond tough. Congrats man!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Wow. Just incredible. Been chasing Biscayne permit for a while now and they are beyond tough. Congrats man!
thanks man! Yeah I agree.. they are tough, but that’s part of what made that fish so special! I caught a nice bone before that but it might as well have been a catfish. After I landed the perm.. I barely remembered it!

·
Registered
Maverick HPXS
1,160 Posts
Yesterday I had family in town with the goal of getting their first red on fly.
Mission accomplished with the final tally over 30 fish.
One of those days where everything just seemed to come together perfect despite wind and cloud cover.

Water Smile Goggles Plant Sunglasses

Water Boat Vehicle Plant Sky

Water Cloud Sky Smile Outdoor recreation

Water Boat Vehicle Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Watercraft

Smile Water Vertebrate Mammal Fisherman

Water Grey Wood Fish Road surface

·
Registered
129 Posts
Sky Hat Vertebrate Jaw Fisherman

Hand Gesture Finger Plant Terrestrial plant

laid out a cast to a feeding grass carp led it by about 15ft, let the fly get settled in a good place to give it a lil wiggle when the carp got close, carp is about 7-10ft away, I feel a strike so I set, was kinda confused. This girl drug me straight to the bottom, then gave me a few jumps. Fun lil post freeze pond session, was not expecting a bucketmouth with those kind of temps.

·
Registered
599 Posts
View attachment 193498

Can't view the attachment anymore.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Did my monthly trip to the Louisiana marsh yesterday. Temp was 34 degrees when we launched. By 11:30 the sun started to heat the mud up and the fish came alive. Caught 4 black drum and 3 reds with only one redfish under 30." My buddy caught his biggest red on fly at 36" and his biggest black ugly at 40"
Sky Water Vertebrate Fisherman Fish
Water Sky Sunglasses Goggles Cap
Water Shorts Lake Body of water Fin
Water Sky Vertebrate Lake Fisherman
Water Sky Vertebrate Lake Mammal

1521 - 1540 of 1697 Posts