Who is the Yamaha 2 stroke guru tech on the forum?

Discussion in 'Outboard Maintenance' started by Snookdaddy, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Snookdaddy

Snookdaddy Well-Known Member

I'm getting ready to take my Challenger out of the warehouse and I will probably have to rebuild the carbs, since it has been sitting for over a year. I stink, I know..

Anyhow, I want to rebuild the carbs myself, but don't want to screw up and have the Yamaha running lean or anything like that.. Is there anyone on the forum that would help/oversee the project of carb rebuilding in Central Florida? I'm willing to pay for your time, but I really want to do this myself, so I can handle the job next time.

The outboard is a 1997 Yamaha C40 2 stroke 3 cylinder with approx. 300 total hours.. I've recently changed the water pump, plugs and lower unit oil, but I think I should drain the old fuel and rebuild the carbs.

Anyone up to the task of overseeing this project? I will supply cold beverages, lunch and $$ for the help. I want to do this in the next 2 to 4 weeks and can travel, if needed. I live in Lakeland and have all the tools needed.

Thank you,

Bob

2. cutrunner

cutrunner Cert. Yamaha technician

Me or creekrunner can do it, problem is I kive in Stuart (45min north of palm beach) and creek lives in Jacksonville.
    Pick your poison

3. Capt. Eli Whidden

Capt. Eli Whidden Sight Fishing South Florida

My brother in law is a graduating from Marine mechanics institute os mmi on Saturday. Finished at the top of his class. I call him " the wizard".

He lives in Kissimmee. If your interested let me know.

4. Dillusion

Dillusion devilray snob

I live in Orlando and I did my yamaha 50 2 stroke myself. Still have the manual.

5. Creek Runner

Creek Runner Well-Known Member

Come on over to J-vile don't got to pay me a thing. I have some 90hp carbs I'm fixing to do we can lay them side by side and you can follow along with me.

Cut can do them as well! :cool: