Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Awesome boat and best of luck with the sale.

One question: what is the black striping on the hatch lids? I know its to assist in the sealing but any idea what it is? Is it a paint on rubber type dealio?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Stevie,

I believe it is carbon fiber glass tape. Chris Morejohn could elaborate.

You should put it on the "Hells Bay Owners Group" on FB too. They just revived my original post about this skiff from back in 2015 and it's getting comments and likes.

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Hi Bob,

Thanks for your input and advice. Hope you’re well, sir.

Best,

·
Premium Member
1,920 Posts
Awesome boat and best of luck with the sale.

One question: what is the black striping on the hatch lids? I know its to assist in the sealing but any idea what it is? Is it a paint on rubber type dealio?

Thanks
My guess is paint. To seal the raw resin surface where it meets the hatch seal. Helps keep the laminate from soaking any water over time also makes it smoother so the seal doesn’t wear as fast. Just a thought, I’ve been wrong before.🤙🏻

·
Registered
202 Posts
My guess is paint. To seal the raw resin surface where it meets the hatch seal. Helps keep the laminate from soaking any water over time also makes it smoother so the seal doesn’t wear as fast. Just a thought, I’ve been wrong before.🤙🏻

Yeah on closer inspection i think so too. Perhaps a rubberized paint, If i can find out what it is I will do the same on my hatches

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I will say this without hesitation. The low chine hulls did a better job deflecting spray than the higher chine hulls. They were a little noisier in choppy conditions, but still an absolute gem of a skiff.

There are only a handful of low Chinese out there. This one has been restored to perfection and was owned by a fly reel pioneer for most of its life.
Win / Win for someone who appreciates the epitome of a fishy skiff should be.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Can’t believe this is still available. Stevie it must a sign from the skiff gods not to sell. There’s no way I would sell it. Especially if I had your portfolio. I also can’t believe FMH hasn’t snapped this up yet.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts