Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

· Registered
69 Posts
Depends on your fishing tactics.

The Marquesa and Professional are the top of their class. I run big water and off the beach and value comfortable ride while still being able to pole —> marquesa for me all day long. I’ve have zero complaints about mine. The craftsmanship of these skiffs is unreal and they truly are worth the cost.

The professional is a great boat as well, if I could have another skiff for ultra technical shallow water it would be the pro.

· I Love microskiff.com!
2022 East Cape Evo X
560 Posts
Young Gulfshore 20 for big/open water, windy days
East Cape Caimen for closer in
Highly customized Sea Ark tunnel w/scooter deck for west side
Prodigy 1854 Elite duck boat
Beneteau Oceanis 55'+
Diamondback airboat of some sort (getting too far down the list for specifics)

With unlimited money that'd keep me occupied for a bit

· I Love microskiff.com!
2,269 Posts
Money not being an issue and yet only being able to have one skiff? I'd keep my East Cape Vantage or possibly the new EVOv. Personally, since I only fly fish, live on the water and don't have too far to run, I've ordered a new East Cape EVOx. So FWIW, I've got a super clean 2014 Vantage for sale...

· Premium Member
3,593 Posts
my idea of a skinny water skiff...
60 to 72 inch beam
15 to 17 ft long
front casting deck 6 inches below the gunwale
(removable casting platform)
30 hp on small version up to 60 on the bigger

· I Love microskiff.com!
2022 East Cape Evo X
560 Posts
Money not being an issue and yet only being able to have one skiff? I'd keep my East Cape Vantage or possibly the new EVOv. Personally, since I only fly fish, live on the water and don't have too far to run, I've ordered a new East Cape EVOx. So FWIW, I've got a super clean 2014 Vantage for sale...
What do you prefer about the EVOv versus the Vantage?
Interested because I want one of those two (I think)...

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.