Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

Where would you live?

11213 Views 83 Replies 41 Participants Last post by  windblows
From Texas originally, live in Alaska now, but starting this year I’m wintering down south. Currently in PCB FL. Headed to Louisiana tomorrow for 3 days of chasing bull reds with a fly rod.

Anyway, I’m fortunate to be able to be anywhere that I can get the Internet for my business. Current plan is to settle in the Key’s, Marathon area. I want to flats fly fish for the usual suspects plus big Tarpon.

Any other place that I should consider, any Key in particular? Or????

Thanks!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· I Love microskiff.com!
3,735 Posts
I've always been a fan of the GA and SC coastal areas.

FL is getting too crowded. They need to hang a "Closed" sign at the state line.

Too many refugees from "blue" states coming down here to escape taxes and policies they continue to support after arriving here...

· I Love microskiff.com!
3,735 Posts
people are surprised whenever they have bears and panthers roaming their yards.
Or the Jersey transplants that buy a house on the lake tether their yippy little shake and piss dogs in the back yard and complain when gators come cruising by. I've told more than a couple that I'd react the same way as the gator did if they held out a jelly donut in front of me. If they're gonna move to Florida they need to embrace Florida and not do everything they can to make it more like the places they moved away from...

I was born in the panhandle, raised in rural GA, and married a 4th generation Tampa girl...so here I am in Tampa with ZERO desire to live amongst a bunch of carpetbaggers...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.