Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

Where would you live?

11220 Views 83 Replies 41 Participants Last post by  windblows
From Texas originally, live in Alaska now, but starting this year I’m wintering down south. Currently in PCB FL. Headed to Louisiana tomorrow for 3 days of chasing bull reds with a fly rod.

Anyway, I’m fortunate to be able to be anywhere that I can get the Internet for my business. Current plan is to settle in the Key’s, Marathon area. I want to flats fly fish for the usual suspects plus big Tarpon.

Any other place that I should consider, any Key in particular? Or????

Thanks!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Fly-By-Night
3,188 Posts
From about Crystal River north and then west until almost Panama City might be the least populated stretch in Florida. Find a place that has less people and the fishing is likely to be mucho better.
No
If I could be anywhere it would be Cape San Blas.
No
Th red fishing on the fly in your area is on fire right now. These are all PC shots from the last couple of weeks View attachment 100540 View attachment 100542 View attachment 100544 .
And No

N. FL sucks, we're still on dial up, it won't work.Texas is where you want to be. Internet is faster, fishing is much better, people are nicer, women are prettier, taxes are lower, and the beer is colder.

Joking aside, if you don't have to be in the states very often and can truly work remotely, I would look hard at Belize man. That's my retirement plan!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.