Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
FlounderPounder
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have somewhere they have purchased a motor other than BP, Gander or Cabelas?

I see a bunch of places on the Internet but wondered how many places are reputable ?

Looking to buy a 24v Xi5 with GPS

·
I Love microskiff.com!
81 Posts
Anyone have somewhere they have purchased a motor other than BP, Gander or Cabelas?

I see a bunch of places on the Internet but wondered how many places are reputable ?

Looking to buy a 24v Xi5 with GPS
Trolling motors.net seems to be the cheapest...I had a question and the owner, Clayton, actually called me back and was very informative. I am outfitting my new skiff now and i will be placing an order for a new Minn Kota next week...

·
Registered
57 Posts
I am no help I have always bought from BP. They usually have best price and or a promotion. West Marine is terrible. My local hardware store was pretty good until the motors got so complicated and electronic.

·
You got to get burned to learn
525 Posts
I bought my first from trollingmotors.net and thought at first this is a fishy site but was surprised how fast it got here. I bought my second from BPS last year when there was a shortage and it got here faster than i thought. I would say it all depends on who has stuff in stock right now. I figured with BPS being a very large retailer they are probably going to get stuff in stock first.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought my first from trollingmotors.net and thought at first this is a fishy site but was surprised how fast it got here. I bought my second from BPS last year when there was a shortage and it got here faster than i thought. I would say it all depends on who has stuff in stock right now. I figured with BPS being a very large retailer they are probably going to get stuff in stock first.
Did BPS do the install on it?
Do you know what they charge to do the install?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts