Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I’m driving from LA and picking up a IPB 14 in Miami tomorrow and could possibly take a few hours to get some fishing in on the return trip. Any suggestions on good places to launch? Trying to catch whatever on the fly, peacock bass would be real cool. I was eyeing the Blue Lagoon/ Airport lakes but I’ve read mixed reviews on traffic/ theft issues. I’m coming from Louisiana so if there are any must-see/fish places on the way back I’ll take those suggestions too. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
779 Posts
Launch, wind permitting, into Biscayne Bay and patrol the shorelines... Matheson Hammock, Black Point, Homestead Park. Although the wind is not your friend today.

Lake Ida area off I-95 N. Broward, beware of jet-skiis and water-skiier's in the main lake.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any good launch locations for a smaller boat like that? At first glance Biscayne looked a little bigger than I wanted but I’d like to try it.

Launch, wind permitting, into Biscayne Bay and patrol the shorelines... Matheson Hammock, Black Point, Homestead Park. Although the wind is not your friend today.

Lake Ida area off I-95 N. Broward, beware of jet-skiis and water-skiier's in the main lake.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Tomorrow in the bay will be tough. SE winds means there won't be a lot of protected shorelines. [Edit just checked again and now it looks like it'll be more S or SW.] You could put in at Homestead and run south. If you only have a few hours though, you're going to waste two of them getting to and from Homestead.

Shoot me message and I'll give you the spot I'd go if I had to be fly fishing near Miami tomorrow.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! I sent you a message

Tomorrow in the bay will be tough. SE winds means there won't be a lot of protected shorelines. [Edit just checked again and now it looks like it'll be more S or SW.] You could put in at Homestead and run south. If you only have a few hours though, you're going to waste two of them getting to and from Homestead.

Shoot me message and I'll give you the spot I'd go if I had to be fly fishing near Miami tomorrow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.