Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably not a good shot of it, but it's AL, it's a SOLID one-piece design, about as tall as the roller is (maybe 4") and you can see the width about 12".

The kicker is that it's AL and it's a 1-piece bracket, and that it's only 4" high. If it wasn't for those things, the brackets are a dime a dozen.

I need another near the bow for protection and it's a tight fit up there.

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What make is the trailer?
It's a continental AL one, do you think it's a factory part?

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Possibly, not sure. Is it possible to use a piece of AL angle on each side and bolt to the frame? Kinda DIY bracket.
Nah, too near the bow, hull is too heavy I think to hold up under a 2-piece bracket.

-T

·
Registered
541 Posts
Not a continental standard part. How old is the trailer? I can do some checking. It looks like if it is a Continental it has had heavy mods.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
2,820 Posts
i'm sure an aluminum shop could fab one up easy enough

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, I'm smoking crack.. It's not a conti trailer, it's a float-on.

Here's some better shots at the bracket:

And the area I want to put the new roller:

·
Registered
786 Posts
Tom I thought that looked like a Float On bracket. We really like their trailers. They are on rt 60 about 1/2 mile west of I 95 on the south side. I only have good things to say about them.

Best regards,
Frank_S

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tom I thought that looked like a Float On bracket. We really like their trailers. They are on rt 60 about 1/2 mile west of I 95 on the south side. I only have good things to say about them.

Best regards,
Frank_S
Frank, this has been a great trailer. Really easy to adjust and I can honestly say it's the best towing trailer I've had. For whatever reason it rides like a cadillac back there. I just need to get that roller on it and it's perfect.

-T

·
I Love microskiff.com!
217 Posts
how about these???? i put these under my old mako and they worked awesome! they arent adjustable though but from the looks of things the height it about right
www.championtrailers.com pn#816 theyre really solid 3/16" thick industrial gavanized steel

1 - 12 of 12 Posts