Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I seen boats.net has the but I only need the right side. The person before me overtighten the bolts and cracked almost every one of the nut inserts. I tried epoxy glue and fiberglass bondo and it didn't hold, so I'm open for any other options.

For 90hp

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
What size motor (they're all different...). Any BRP dealer can get you a new replacement... but for a used part you need to take a different tack.... First go to E-Bay, enter E-Tec and your horsepower -then look to see if anyone is parting out the right size motor (you might get lucky....). Your next course is to get on the phone and contact BRP dealers to see if any of them have a used one they're parting out... They'll certainly be able to get you a new part....

I know that my dealer (Seapower in south Miami) does have more than one old motor in their storage area (one of them is one of my old 90hp models -and it is in white...). At any rate talk to whoever is in charge of each dealer's parts inventory and ask... The dealer that's most likely to have what you want used, is a high volume type place that does a lot of re-powers...

Good luck - these days lots of exterior parts on motors are plastic - and they work just fine until some guy over-tightens a fitting.... I've been running nothing but E-Tecs now since 2005 so I've had to learn a bit about them....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts