Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts
I would rather be on my boat and fish more than anything else but ill go put a canoe in a lake, easy to fly fish out of. Sometimes i just go to the farm lake and fly fish
since the weather has been crap lately so not much fishing

Reactions: crboggs
Interesting to see I'm not the only one who has these issues. There are many times that the skiff is a pain in the ass to manage solo and I simply don't feel like cleaning it properly. A paddle craft has limitations in the wind and also range. I have been on the hunt for a small skiff and lucked into what I consider a perfect solo boat. I picked up the original billfish 14 which is all cored and probably only about 120 lbs. It's 14ft x 48 inch beam so it has a small narrow footprint which makes poling or paddling pretty easy. I will be hanging a 9.9 2 stroke on it and should be able to run about 20 mph which gives me the range of my normal skiff just not as quick
Gorgeous little boat

Honestly I can hook up my skiff and launch it in about the same time as a kayak. We have pretty significant tidal swings here That make a full day of fishing unreasonable, so my typical fishing trip with hooking the boat up and tucking the boat away is about 5-6 hours
Agree, takes me more time to get the kayaks out than the flats boat. I like the kayaks on negative tide days, I can get to places even the tech skiffs can’t.

I often fly fish for baby tarpon in ponds and small canals/backwaters where it is not possible to launch my Fury. Use a 14ft old town fishing canoe. I can carry it on my shoulders for a hundred yards when needed and it is wide enough to stand and cast without worrying about falling into the alligators. Sure helps when the red tide takes a toll on the more salty water.

I don’t have pictures on my cellphone, but down in Mexico i have seen people who uses the shell of a jetski and just puts a 5 or 10hp outboard in the back, seems like a cheap and easy setup

I run the Yellowfin Hybrid in medium waters.

I got a Towee Calusa for super skinny waters and really simple fishing.

My Live 4 paddle board is for a work out and really stealth days with the buggy whip.

In addition to my 2019 Towee I have a 2016 Contender 25T. I really enjoy chasing Marlin and gaffing Tuna!

Attachments

21 - 40 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.