Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· I Love microskiff.com!
2022 East Cape Evo X
560 Posts
On big fish the stretch was always more of a help than a hindrance.
Line stretch wasn't even something I thought about. Since I never set the hook further than I can cast, it doesn't really affect hook set. It's another modern day solution to problem that doesn't exist.

· Registered
6,001 Posts
Remember guys - manufacturers have to have something to brag about.... Most fly lines have little "stretch" at all since the core is dacron or something similar... All the give in the setup comes from your fly rod - and whatever leader setup your'e using... When I work really hard with my angler to "stretch" his fly line so that it will lay without coiling and kinking -what we're really doing it stretching out the vinyl coating portion of the fly line....

Whenever I see an ad making a special virtue out of something that's been there all along I just grin.... Now if that "special feature" also came with a greatly reduced price I might just buy - but only if I needed that size line...

Where I take my anglers (at night around bridges and docks that are very hard on fly lines - or into the backcountry of the 'glades during day trips where mangrove roots and oysters are even harder on fly lines....) we rarely ever get more than a year's use out of any line.... so spending big bucks on that special line isn't something that I'll be doing any time soon...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.