Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning has me thinking about all the fish I want to catch before I die.

I'd love to hear what's on y'alls list!

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,063 Posts
I want to catch them all but to start my list, every species of fish I've caught on conventional, I want to catch on fly. A few that are particularly interesting to me on fly:
tuna
wahoo
milkfish
GT
king salmon
peacock bass
clown knife fish

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want to catch them all but to start my list, every species of fish I've caught on conventional, I want to catch on fly. A few that are particularly interesting to me on fly:
tuna
wahoo
milkfish
GT
king salmon
peacock bass
clown knife fish
Great start for sure. I have many of the same on my list! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Just due to my sheer willingness to fish as much as possible in my nomadic life, I don't really have much on my list. At this point it's mostly just the odd ones that pop up every once in a while.

This morning I actually crossed one off my list, and that is a florida spotted gar. Not glamorous, I know, but I hadn't caught one before.

Anyway...

Snakehead
Spinner/blacktip shark on the beach

And that's about all I can think of that I haven't already caught. I would say GT, but a 30 pound jack on a fly rod is close enough for me without having to fly halfway around the world for something.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Many years ago I made a lifetime top 10 bucket list for what I wanted to catch on a fly. I have been blessed to catch them all finally getting the last one, a GT, last year. So now I have no pressure. No MUST do trip. I just go fishing.

·
Fly-By-Night
3,089 Posts
Many years ago I made a lifetime top 10 bucket list for what I wanted to catch on a fly. I have been blessed to catch them all finally getting the last one, a GT, last year. So now I have no pressure. No MUST do trip. I just go fishing.
Steve, if you don't mind sharing, how many years did it take you?

·
Registered
103 Posts
The one that is on the top of my bucket list right now is a permit on fly. Ideally, a big one. And, I would like to get it done unguided on my own skiff. There is something so rewarding about getting a fish on fly after putting your time in on the poling platform to truly learn an area and a species.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts