Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

Whats everyone been tying?

854512 Views 6367 Replies 571 Participants Last post by  mro
Show your stuff... I have a bad eye and have been home all day whiped up a few flys.
41 - 60 of 6368 Posts
Flpt, SH or Atlantics?

Swamp

ETA Really nice BTW!
Fall trip will be for Salmon, SH trip will follow in spring.
Heading up to MI to fish for Chinook on the Pere Marquette. SH trip will be West coast/BC.
Nice. I did a week in Pulaski NY(Salmon River) years ago. Really enjoyed it once I trekked away from the crowds a bit. I caught one landlocked Atlantic and addition to many many Chinooks and some Cohos. It was a nice intro to anadromous fish. I'd like to go and play in MI and WI some day. I hear there are less people, bigger fish, but not as many fish. Less fish is fine if I have fewer people. Never fished the west coast, it's on the bucket list. Good looking ties.
A few pics of flies I just finished tying for a swap.  1/0 chernobyl crab in my goto redfish color combo.

See less See more
i tied these up for the FS fly swap

The Merk Nasty
ive been getting good with my EP fibers

Those are lookin really good and they work great too, I just absolutely hate making them, its the most annoying material to tie with!
Reactions: 1
Just got 5 more fly boxes... so you guys know what I am doing. Fall is just around the corner so lots of Crab and Shrimp patterns are on the list.

Here are a couple toads.

See less See more
Hey Rich, how do you get the D3000 to focus on the fly and make it look so nice?
I'm having trouble taking detailed shots of my flies.

I want to post a few pics on here of what I've been tying lately.
And what do you do as far as lighting goes?
You either have to shoot with a tripod with a longer exposure. Or shoot free hand at ISO400.  The other thing is step back and zoom in.  If you are really close to the object it wont focus.  These were done with the standard pop up flash.
I just took a pic with my iPhone 4.

I'll get more pics of others in a bit with the camera.
I've been messing around with it trying to get good pics of the flies.

I guess you can call this a seaducer?
See less See more
I just took a pic with my iPhone 4.

I'll get more pics of others in a bit with the camera.
I've been messing around with it trying to get good pics of the flies.

I guess you can call this a seaducer?
No man.... that's totally origional. :p

I will post a better pic tomorrow. I call mine the BSF. A lot of the bigger Snook we got this season were on this pattern.
just dont use alot of fibers and layer them up in little bits they start stacking up and at the end of the shank they should stand straight up on end
ive been getting good with my EP fibers

Those are lookin really good and they work great too, I just absolutely hate making them, its the most annoying material to tie with!
They look good. I am a little worried that they don't have enough keel in them to keep them from spinning. Start a new thread with the picture, and a side view. Water test and report back.

Also you might want to cover the sides of the fly with some hard as nails or something. It looks like your epoxy didn't coat it all.

-Richard
41 - 60 of 6368 Posts