Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
5901 - 5920 of 6106 Posts

· Premium Member
3,593 Posts
That mink looks really nice! Does it come in strips like rabbit zonkers?
Yes they do. Their called Mink Zonkers. Size, Micro (thinner strip) or regular.
Variety of colors. Can be hard to find sometimes as retailers don't seem to stock them as much as rabbit.

I've one Plano 3200 box filled with them of various size streamers I've tied.
I've been fishing them more than any other fly for years.
That said, I've tied a couple rabbit zonkers like I do the mink and they look pretty good in the water too.

· Premium Member
1984 Aqua Sport Osprey: Restoration in Progress
210 Posts
Bored today on a rainy, dank Friday so I hit the vice for a while...

Ray's Fly. Simple and deadly.

Wood Bait Fishing lure Flooring Gas

Old-school epoxy Surf Candy. These things are fairly bullet proof, even with bluefish and barracuda it takes a while to destroy.

Liquid Bottle Wood Bottle cap Drink

Lucky Strike. Simple and a good prospecting pattern. I use it a lot as a teaser when chucking plugs in the surf.

Wood Feather Creative arts Beak Ingredient

Here's an @mro inspired version.

Daytime

Feather Wing Twig Tail Bait

and night time....

Automotive lighting Gas Font Art Rectangle

Something I've been trying to figure out. I'll see if it works in the spring. Hopefully it's not just a gimmick.

· Registered
732 Posts
Was asked to do some GT flies for a guy. Working on a pattern for him to keep it light. This is only a 3/0 that i am testing on snook to see how it swim then will work on making it in a 6/0. View attachment 224230
Those eyes appear to be on a plastic strip, is that how they come? Or did you make that? Curious on the technique ….

· Registered
238 Posts
Those eyes appear to be on a plastic strip, is that how they come? Or did you make that? Curious on the technique ….
Those are clear tabs I get from the UK. They are a clear place you tie in then glue your eyes too. The benefit is not having the eyes glued into the fibers to mess with the movement or bulk of the head to push more water.

5901 - 5920 of 6106 Posts