Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
4681 - 4700 of 4734 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yep I've covered big bead chain with it
@permitchaser

Did it have any significant improvement or effect with it?

I'v read some material on UV reactive, flouresing vs UV reflective in relationship to materials (feather vs fur vs synthetic) and its effects on visibility to a fish.

Based on that, focusing in UV reflective as opposed to the others seems a good way to go in shallow stained water situations.

What UV reflective paint did you use?

·
I Love Skinny Water
6,575 Posts
Go to Hobby Lobby get T shirt or sweat shirt writing gel come in lots of colors, dries over night and is UV

Reactions: kkeetr

·
Registered
195 Posts
Got in the mood to make some tarpon flies this week. Too bad tarpon season near me is almost over. Still have the mullet run going on but wasn't in the mood to tie up big bugs.
The first is my version of a laid up tarpon fly. I tie it two different ways. The first like in the video with the EP tarantula brush and the other way with a deer hair head. I also mix up the eyes between mono and bead chain depending on the sink rate needed.

The second fly is your basic tarpon toad. A timeless classic we have all seen fished with success.

·
I Love Skinny Water
6,575 Posts
Tied up a few more of these glass minnow imitations. I've been killing the speckled trout on the dock lights with them. Tried Congo hair instead of water silk this time and finally found some white eyes......

View attachment 184885
Are those heads UV or Epoxy

4681 - 4700 of 4734 Posts