Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
4621 - 4640 of 4683 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
A #4 ducer has been a go to for me lately. It's amazing how well a sparsely tied, basic pattern works on fish but gets overlooked by anglers.
Can't argue with ya BD.

Had an ok day 3 weeks ago using Chicone's Asphyxiator, essentially an inverted seaducer but I felt it jigged too much. One of the guys here posted up a seaducer with the bead chain on the bend. I tied up 3 (wish I tied 10).

Slayed the reds & snook this weekend. Most top of the slot or over. They wanted no popper, no P&S type shrimp, no mullet or minnow pattern. Once the plain old tan grizzly ducer came out it went extra innings.
Damn good pattern this Saturday.....

·
Registered
127 Posts
Love the tandem sets...I'm thinking stripers
Finally went back and fished the lights last night. The conditions weren't perfect but still caught a few. I never found the tiny snot bait that were on the lights a month ago. But I tried the double and triple rigs and they both got ate. Really want to try them when I find the specks schooled up on the snot bait again.....

Bird Feather Finger Natural material Metal

Hand Eye Amphibian Event Terrestrial animal

I'm going to tie some larger ones to mimic two full size glass minnows swimming together.

·
Registered
997 Posts
One of the guys here posted up a seaducer with the bead chain on the bend. I tied up 3 (wish I tied 10).
Your welcome!

I have also found I can control sink rate between using a normal saltwater hook or tying on a light wire hook such as a B10s. Also light wire is fantastic with chart/white for trout.

You can play with tail materials too, I have tried pseudo hair, rabbit strip, Arctic fox, marabou, etc. but I typically just use 4 grizzly hackle feathers.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
47 Posts
Had an ok day 3 weeks ago using Chicone's Asphyxiator, essentially an inverted seaducer but I felt it jigged too much. One of the guys here posted up a seaducer with the bead chain on the bend. I tied up 3 (wish I tied 10).
Very similar to a seaducer is the 'redfish candy': Redfish Candy

I tie them in 2 minutes, usually in black/purple or all rootbeer: estasz over bead chain eyes for the head, couple wraps of the middle or end of a saddle feather for a collar and a little flash and 2 saddle feathers on either side as a tail. Redfish, snook, and seatrout will all clobber it, and the all rootbeer color seems to work well in both bright sun and overcast conditions. If i'm banging the mangroves and topwater isn't doing it, this is my go-to fly.

4621 - 4640 of 4683 Posts