Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

4261 - 4280 of 4298 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Small Mouth candy...
Don't see why it wouldn't work in the salt too, baby lobster?

View attachment 170564
That is a great looking fly.

Have you seen the Globster Fly By Drew Chicone?

This globster fly was working very well for Bonefish for me. Size 4 and 6 hooks. Drew has an interesting story behind the making of his fly design collaboration, which you can read about in the link above if you are interested.

What are you using to make the antennae and claws?

What have you thrown it at? Any success with this fly yet?

Have you used this as a crawdad imitation for bass or fresh water species? It looks really good to me!

Eric

Reactions: mro

·
Registered
217 Posts

Have you seen the Globster Fly By Drew Chicone?

This globster fly was working very well for Bonefish for me. Size 4 and 6 hooks. Drew has an interesting story behind the making of his fly design collaboration, which you can read about in the link above if you are interested.

What have you thrown it at? Any success with this fly yet?

Have you used this as a crawdad imitation for bass or fresh water species? It looks really good to me!

Eric
I just re-read your post. “Small mouth candy”. I didn’t see that part, because I was drooling over the fly! Sorry for not paying attention.

·
Premium Member
2,127 Posts

Eric
I had zonker strips and used just what I had on hand for the other materials including the hook.
Not my design and looks better than my other crawfish flys.
Found it here,

·
Premium Member
2,127 Posts

the red glitter used on the center red pair.
UV used to seal/enhance? color etc.
Permanent marker used on the mono shaft, not to sure about that being permanent tho...

BTW, the nail polish and head cement is old and has gotten a little thick which I'm keeping it as is just for making eyes. Makes for a nice blob on the end of the mono which I use a lighter on the end to start with. Still got to rotate them where as if you use good polish it's easier to just us a light coat, dry, then repeat until you to get the size you want.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Tied up some blue claws, backcountry gurglers, and a shrimp gurgler for up here in VA. Also made some eyes based on the tutorial a few pages back, including on the gurgler. Feedback welcome!

·
I Love Skinny Water
5,912 Posts
Some Tarpon Gators with Crabby

4261 - 4280 of 4298 Posts