Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

3741 - 3760 of 3841 Posts

·
I Love Skinny Water
5,397 Posts

Found this pattern on YouTube searched for red fish gurglers with weed guard. I've been trying to use 40lb. Mono for weed guard but I'm not happy with them. I'm going back to pieces of plastic drink bottles

Reactions: IRLyRiser

·
I Love microskiff.com!
25 Posts
Hey @texasag07 ,

I love the profile of this fly -- I'm curious about what brushes you used. I tried to make one similar. It looks like a pseudo hair tail and then 2-3 brushes. I did it w/ foxy/craft fur/micro streamer brushes and it's not a bad looking fly but it doesn't quite have the structure your fly does. Any tips?

Thanks!

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,134 Posts
Hey @texasag07 ,

I love the profile of this fly -- I'm curious about what brushes you used. I tried to make one similar. It looks like a pseudo hair tail and then 2-3 brushes. I did it w/ foxy/craft fur/micro streamer brushes and it's not a bad looking fly but it doesn't quite have the structure your fly does. Any tips?

Thanks!

View attachment 154522
There aren’t any brushes used. Pseudo tail, then a wrap of crosscut rabbit, then two hackles palmered forward kinda similar to how you would tie a seaducer head.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Does look fishy? Recipe?
Tail: about a 2 and a half inch strip of black rabbit
Legs: Grizzly Flutter legs purple barred fuschia
Flash: black Krystal flash
Collar: package was labeled as deer hair. It is NOT deer har, closest thing I've been able to find is temple fox
Body: Black and purple EP crustacean brush trimmed flat like a crab body
Weedguard, 30lb mason
Eyes: works best with large bead chain or small lead eyes
Hook: SC15 sz2 or similar

Reactions: jay.bush1434

·
Registered
885 Posts
Tail: about a 2 and a half inch strip of black rabbit
Legs: Grizzly Flutter legs purple barred fuschia
Flash: black Krystal flash
Collar: package was labeled as deer hair. It is NOT deer har, closest thing I've been able to find is temple fox
Body: Black and purple EP crustacean brush trimmed flat like a crab body
Weedguard, 30lb mason
Eyes: works best with large bead chain or small lead eyes
Hook: SC15 sz2 or similar
Thanks

3741 - 3760 of 3841 Posts