Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

3701 - 3720 of 3728 Posts

·
I Love Skinny Water
5,141 Posts
I had back surgery 2 weeks ago and about all I can do is tie flies. I am planning to go Carp fishing as soon as I can so that's what I've been tying. I've been going to YouTube on my TV and Kindle and talking to Henry Lee Flower IV for advise. Henry Cowan, a Striper/Carp guide in Atlanta like the Clouser swimming nymph so I tied some of those. Another suggested woolly buggers and after looking at videos I decided John Montana and others tied small weighted simple buggy flies, and some craw fish patterns. My Plan is to fill both boxes then I'll be ready for the rest of the year and beyond. Henry Lee Fowler IV has been very helpful and helped keeping me sane. I have a meeting with my Dr. Thursday to see how I'm doing. I can't lift any more then 10 lbs. so to go Carp fishing I'll need my grandsons to come and help me load the boat. I keep the Yeti, Electric Wench battery and 24V trolling motor and PP in the garage till I'm ready to go fishing

·
I Love Skinny Water
5,141 Posts
Tying carp flies today. Used Fly Tiers Dungeon Hi-Float fiber for tail then palmered Chenille over the hook for durability before the FTD dubbing. The Hi-Float fiber is cool it makes the tail stick up

·
I Love Skinny Water
5,141 Posts
It’s a #6-8 hook I think I’ll call it Fuzzy Carp Fly

Reactions: mro

·
I Love Skinny Water
5,141 Posts
Now I thought more and Fuzzy Carp Bug sounds better

3701 - 3720 of 3728 Posts