What's a good non skid deck paint?

Discussion in 'Boat Yard Basics' started by 8loco, May 27, 2012.

1. 8loco

8loco Well-Known Member

Are there any good roll on non skid deck paints or should I just let the pros do it?

2. jms

jms don't let common sense get in your way

awlgrip - roll it yourself...

3. 8loco

8loco Well-Known Member

Roger. Taking a look at awl grip.

4. disporks

disporks I Love microskiff.com!

You can also try http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=11151&productId=44292&langId=-1
    Interdeck,
    If they dont have the color premixed with the nonskid additive, All you have to do is buy the Brightside paint and mix Intergrip additive to it and it will be the same thing.
    I used this for my flooring in my boat and its great, Very good feel on the feet, You can add as little or as much nonskid to the brightside paint as you want creating the texture you would like. I used a regular cheapo paint roller and it came out great, It also cleans VERY VERY well using some Mr Clean all purpose cleaner with Gain in a spray bottle. I'll be using it for my decks as soon as my rear deck is finished

5. AfterHours2

AfterHours2 Stripper in my own Mind!

Roll on awlgrip, let it tack up, throw in non skid to thickness desired, more awl grip. EZPZ!