Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
devilray snob
2,387 Posts
There is no way you're going to gain 5mph by propping correctly, and there is no way you're going to do 28mph on a shadowcast with a 20hp.

You are right about the correct speed for that boat/outboard. You MIGHT be able to hit 24-25 with a jack plate and perfectly cupped/pitched prop.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is no way you're going to gain 5mph by propping correctly, and there is no way you're going to do 28mph on a shadowcast with a 20hp.

You are right about the correct speed for that boat/outboard. You MIGHT be able to hit 24-25 with a jack plate and perfectly cupped/pitched prop.
Unless my GPS is wrong we hit 24 mph with a stock prop and full tank with my dad (180) and myself (165).

·
devilray snob
2,387 Posts

Unless my GPS is wrong we hit 24 mph with a stock prop and full tank with my dad (180) and myself (165).
It may very well be correct. You're initial post was saying that you want an extra 5MPH by propping...not what your current speed is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.