what ever happened...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by boggob, May 22, 2008.

1. boggob

boggob Beer me.

what ever happened to the truck-nutz bill? are they illegal now? i didn't have any, nor want any, but thought they were funny. my sister has a good idea if they are illegal now.

2. captnron

captnron Guest

$60.00 fine if you show yours. ;)

3. boggob

boggob Beer me.

I'm not so sure, I can't find anything definitive on it (as far as bill text is concerned). I wanted to see the actual language that passed, if any. I did see this columnist's blog:

The Florida House decided it didn't want to penalize questionable taste with a $60 fine and the Senate backed down Thursday, accepting the emasculated version of a transportation bill. The package extends the term of driving licenses from six years to eight -- with a $7 increase in fees -- but doesn't attempt to ban the dangling decorations that some drivers like to hang under their back bumpers.

The novelty items are sold in one form under the brand name Truck Nutz.

"The House thought that assigning a penalty was not to their liking," said a victorious Sen. Jim King, R-Jacksonville, who startled the Senate last month by disclosing that his truck sported a pair of the anatomically correct items.. King said Thursday he'd removed them because his wife was "embarassed" by the attention in traffic.

Sen. Carey Baker, R-Eustis, who sponsored the ban, said the transportation bill would increase the $20 fee for a six-year driving license to $27 for an eight-year license. He said the bill also has "a moratorium on specialty license tags" that have proliferated in recent years.

As for his idea to penalize the display of what he termed "some repugnant dangling participles," Baker said that language is dead for this year.

"The House didn't want the publicity," he said.

His bill last month made national news when the Senate passed it.

4. captnron

captnron Guest

Have fun but we all know they got you by the Ba--z. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

5. Tom_C

Tom_C Well-Known Member

What a waste of my money.  [smiley=1-crazy-eyes.gif]

[smiley=anim_sniper2.gif]I think someone should write a bill that if some D,ASS puts forth a bill like this they pay for it. [smiley=bigun2.gif]

6. boggob

boggob Beer me.

Eustis, its funny that he didn't really consider his constituency. I always thought that Lake County would have the most per capita truck nuts.

7. tailchaser

tailchaser Well-Known Member

I did some research on lake co. 84% of 4x4 trucks have "nuts".. ;D

8. redgheenoe

redgheenoe Well-Known Member

Are truck nutz fishing related? [smiley=StirPotChef.gif]

9. boggob

boggob Beer me.

I thought that since most of you guys are from Central Florida, you may have a pair (on your tow vehicle). Its fishing related. You gotta get the boat to the water. ;)