What eases your mind?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by rkmurphy, Apr 26, 2009.

1. rkmurphy

rkmurphy Well-Known Member

I was just thinking about this...in light of all of the annoyances I have been experiencing.

I do Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (like UFC but I'm not bad-ass) and I work out a few times a week. Then, of course, there's every man's stress relief, sex.

But, to be honest, nothing calms my mind and relaxes me like a beautiful day on the water. Not on the beach or in the water. ON the water. There's nothing like it.

What about you all?

2. alanlh

alanlh I Love microskiff.com!

Yeah, no doubt, for me its being around the water period. Even though I've had my a** handed to me every time I go down to ENP fishing-wise, I still dream about that place and go back every year because its such an amazing place to be on the water, I forget about everything else when I'm out there.

Who do you train with up there? I used to do some BJJ training with a guy who moved here from Brazil. He was a "only" a purple belt but as you well know, thats certainly sufficient to do major damage. I'm interested in getting back into it just from a standpoint of exercise and learning new techniques...not into the tournament stuff.

3. rkmurphy

You have a PM sir :)

4. paint it black

paint it black Paddling away...

Things that seem to ease my mind is fishing, baseball, and the most important is music. Without music, I wouldn't survive. I don't want to know what the world would be like without music.

5. rkmurphy

Just started picking up the guitar again. Definitely helps to relax.

6. Brett

Brett > PRO STAFF <

Remembering that in the great scheme of things, even though I was born with the handicap of opposable thumbs,
    only two legs and a minimal sense of smell, those same opposable thumbs give me a very important part in the continuing existence of the universe...
    Operating the can opener at dinner time!

[​IMG]

:cool:

7. Un-shore

Un-shore Well-Known Member

[movedhere] General Discussion [move by] Un- shore.

8. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

Did BJJ for a while till I really tweaked my shoulder while trying to pass someones guard. Bloody Heck did that hurt.

What eases my mind? A week without too much E-Drama on the site... ;D

9. aaronshore

aaronshore Well-Known Member

Fish, surf, and I am currently learning how to play the bagpipes. Definitely not stress free, but one day maybe.

10. tom_in_orl

tom_in_orl Founder of Microskiff, Member of the Gheenoe Army

Staying away from anyone learning to play the bagpipes ;D

11. Kemo

Kemo The world is flat....and shallow.

Fishing and music. And not at the same time. The quiet (usually) while fishing is a good balance to the music. But each would distract me from the other. And, oh, spending quality time with my bride, which we don't really get enough of these days.

Kemo :cool:

12. Weedy

Weedy Well-Known Member

Good for you! [smiley=thumbsup3.gif]

It happens a few times a year where I really get to clear my head, sitting on the boat down in the glades with nobody else around! Another, sitting on the dock at night while being at a campsite down in the glades, then looking up at all the millions of stars!

13. costefishnt

costefishnt Cost Efish'nt³

nothing. anger is my best friend. we have been hanging out since november of 08. we are getting closer everyday.

seriously. there is only one thing that keeps me mind in check. the water. whether I fish, ride, or just watch the waters surface it is the only time my mind EVER clears. as soon as I get back to the ramp however my friend anger joins me again. :)

14. Flyline

Flyline Won &quot;Do More With Less&quot; Award!

What eases my mind is retire and never work again!

Fishing, boating and spend time with family and friends.

Belize is the only place is like home sweet home paradise!

15. flyfisheraa573

flyfisheraa573 Well-Known Member

Spending time with my family, music, and spending time with my dog. No matter how bad of a day I've had, or how good, those three things can make it better.