Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a little nervous about this one....

What do you wear on a typical day fishing? Shorts? Long sleeve shirt? Let me know

·
Banned
12,342 Posts
In the boat-
Simms Bugstopper Guide Pants
Simms Atoll flip flops or Colombia Drainmaker 2 boat shoes
FishHide or other performance material shirt (always long sleeve)
Lucky cap
Costa Blackfins Green Mirror 580G
Liberal amounts of Neutrogena sunscreen

Wading-
Same thing but Simms G4Z waders and boots over

·
Registered
671 Posts
On a more serious note... Depends on time of year, local, etc. always long sleeves, sometimes with a hood, most times with a buff as well, always a lucky hat/lucky charm. Plenty of sunscreen. I’m in SC and mostly always in shorts but don’t tell my dermatologist! Simms and free fly have been my go to. Cover as much as you can and be comfortable in the heat

·
Registered
198 Posts
Gotta wear a buff. I have several for cold weather and several for hot weather. My cold weather buff is made of polar fleece. It keeps my neck, ears and face warm while also keeping my hat from blowing off. My hot weather buff keeps me from having to slather my face with sunscreen, it holds my hat on, works sort of like eye black to cut down glare, and certain types of material will keep bugs from biting or stinging you while retaining water. You can dip it in ice chest water before I put it back on, and it will cool the blood flowing through your neck which cools your upper torso. Aside from sunglasses, a buff has become one of my most important pieces of clothing. The rest is long sleeves and long legs made of cool max or fleece materials depending on the the time of year.

·
Registered
164 Posts
_SWC7649.jpg
usually this. Always long sleeve with a hood and if the bugs are bad pants. AND, if ive fished a few days in a row i wear shoes. Sperry makes some nice woven shoes that kinda feel like nike flexfits, ive been wearing those alot lately.

·
Registered
2015 HB Pro
121 Posts
lightweight Long sleeve shirt, (really like Simms), Pants, dark hat, and buff. Prefer to be barefoot when poling. Gets hot middle of summer, but between sun and bug protection prefer it to being burnt and skin cancer runs in the family

·
Registered
210 Posts
If they made a Dickies zippered jumpsuit out of UPF material I’d rock it all day. Some of you guys that do clothing and stuff need to get on this, free idea just send me a few to review.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
157 Posts
Long sleeve shirt, Long Pants, Buff, Sun gloves, Hat, I wear the big straw hats, keeps sun off neck and shoulders, it can be a pain when it's windy though.
I also use 50SPF Sunblock too
I do all I can, to not get burnt

·
Registered
408 Posts
Long pants, long sleeve shirt, Boonie hat, one of those face covers, and the gloves with the fingers cut out. Cover up. I like to look like I didn't go fishing when I get back in. Doesn't have to be Columbia gear...there are a bunch of cheaper companies that work just as well for everything.

·
Registered
512 Posts
In the boat-
Simms Bugstopper Guide Pants
Simms Atoll flip flops or Colombia Drainmaker 2 boat shoes
FishHide or other performance material shirt (always long sleeve)
Lucky cap
Costa Blackfins Green Mirror 580G
Liberal amounts of Neutrogena sunscreen

Wading-
Same thing but Simms G4Z waders and boots over
Same. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 65 Posts