Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I saw this boat in someone's front yard. I asked them if they wanted to sell it and they were willing to. I'm not sure what the value of it would be. He said the lower unit was damaged by a mechanic that didn't know what he was doing. He said they ran it with no oil. There are also cracks in the floor board and damage by the rod holders. He said that the damage by the rod holders was caused by stress from pulling the boat. I'm not sure how that would happen. I thought I took better pics.

He said it is a 94 Polar. If I decide to proceed further, I will check the compression prior to purchase. I'm worried about the cracks on the floor. I haven't walked the floor to check for soft spots. Obviously, my offer would have to be pretty low to justify the risk. What do you think the current value is and after repair value?

IMG_6310.JPG
IMG_6308.JPG
IMG_6312.JPG

·
Brandon, FL
10,929 Posts
That is a big can of worms.

Fully restored you are looking at maybe 5 grand. But would likely be a headache getting there.

Offer him a few hundred, fix the motor, fish it until it dies and then haul it to the dump.

Polar is made just like Carolina skiff. Under the floor is foam and I can guarantee it is water logged.

G

·
Not sure on value, but low! I can say the stringers, floor, transom, and decks are cored with plywood. It will most likely all need replaced as the quality controll in a shop that spits out boats isn’t that great. If you can get it right amd don’t mind the work then go for it!

·
BBA Counselor
7,230 Posts
But that already damaged 2 stroke yammi though....

I'd only get into it if you just want the hull shell. The rest is a throw away to me. You see these type of boats on Craigslist listed for free, you just need to haul it off.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Could probably get 50cents for that big Ubolt mounted through the deck. Probably less than a hundred in scrap metal between the tower, motor, trailer and prop. But you might be at a loss disposing of the rest of it.

I suppose if you washed it, somebody might pay 500 fer it. So get it dirt cheap, sprinkle some glitter on it and make a few hundred.

·
I Love Skinny Water
6,066 Posts
You na sayers, if you want the boat its a good starter skiff. It will pole, not good but i wonder how many fish have been caught out of Polars
dont go over say 200-$350 remember may need a motor and fiberglass work to get it fishable

1 - 19 of 19 Posts