Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,692 Posts
Finally got my trolling motor installed. A little sketchy drilling holes into the deck of my new skiff. Came out super clean. I didn't take a pic of the puck afterwards, but I did cut it to follow the contour of the bow.
Pneumatic tool Drill Handheld power drill Tool Hammer drill
Table Audio equipment Wood Floor Automotive tire
Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Snow Automotive wheel system
Sky Water Street light Infrastructure Road surface
Watercraft Boat Automotive tire Naval architecture Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies

·
Registered
729 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Bass Cat Phelix
13 Posts
Filled some old screw holes with some sealant to prevent water from getting in until I can do a nice repair on them this winter. I also removed the live well pump, freeing up some space in the transom area and getting rid of an ugly mess of wires from when the previous owner added the live well pump. Who splices wires by stripping both ends and then twisting the bare leads around each other and calls it good!? No heat shrink, no wire nuts even, just the bare wires themselves twisted up 🥴

·
Curmudgeon Emeritus
1998 Egret C/K 167
5,271 Posts
Adjusted the center bunks. There were too wide and the boat would not center properly.

BEFORE
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive mirror Motor vehicle

AFTER
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Automotive design

Automotive tire Bumper Motor vehicle Picnic table Asphalt

NOPE, NOTHING SKETCHY ABOUT THIS AT ALL!
Plant Tarpaulin Shade Tent Automotive exterior

I've done this a few time before. I have multiple jack stands/ jacks and time. Go slow, don't rush, pay attention to details and it can be done safely.

Cheers!

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Not a skiff per say but I bought this Panga from my buddy who's had it since new 2005 hull. I re lettered it this weekend with the correct FL numbers he's been running it with it missing a number since new.

Trying to get the letters and numbers straight on a curved bow boat is a bitch
Boat Watercraft Naval architecture Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Motor vehicle
let's just say a level doesn't work
Boat Cloud Watercraft Naval architecture Sky

·
I Love Skinny Water
6,575 Posts
Getting everything ready for a short camping/fishing trip scheduled. I had the Wrightwater 12 built last year to be a travel skiff for my Ghamper{ a ghetto camper). A 20' cargo trailer made into a camper. I take my kayak now, so the boat will open up more area for me. Currently it has a 25 Mariner on it, but I will be changing to a 9.9 to be legal for any HP restricted lake I may be at. I made the trailer tongue removable to reduce the length also. View attachment 180483 View attachment 180483 View attachment 180484 View attachment 180484 View attachment 180485 View attachment 180485
That is very cool, I want one but my boat would need an 18 wheeler trailer. One off my neighbors brother brought his by. It had a skiff in the back and sleeping and cooking in the front. I think these are very cool and practical

·
Registered
795 Posts
Not a skiff per say but I bought this Panga from my buddy who's had it since new 2005 hull. I re lettered it this weekend with the correct FL numbers he's been running it with it missing a number since new.

Trying to get the letters and numbers straight on a curved bow boat is a bitch View attachment 185653 let's just say a level doesn't work View attachment 185654
Carolina flare makes it even worse

·
Registered
715 Posts
Last night I was on my back under it filling in a little oyster rash with marine tex. I was talking to Tom Gordon at the skiff shop 2 weeks ago and mentioned at some point down the road I want to get the bottom re-done because of oyster rash. his response was "Just fill it if you think it needs it, don't spent the money to really clean it up until you're ready to sell it because you're just going to scratch it up again". Smart man.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
2,037 Posts

Trying to get the letters and numbers straight on a curved bow boat is a bitch View attachment 185653 let's just say a level doesn't work View attachment 185654
I got my registration numbers from BoatUS. You can pick the font you want, and the letters and numbers are all on one decal, so it's pretty easy to get it level. They even send 3 sets in case you make a mistake!

41 - 60 of 66 Posts