Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used plastic resurfacer to re-coat some faded starboard on my console. I’ve used this stuff on the 95 Bronco black faded plastic parts with long lasting results. Also speed waxed the top deck with the Pro Shine spray I found at a classic car business. Last week I pulled the Edson mag alloy power wheel to get the aftermarket power knob off to replace with an Edson power knob and nut. Spent days lightly tapping the bolt and spraying with PB Blaster but bolt still sheared. Waiting to see if Edson will extract it out. If not I’ll use the new powerknob with the strap. Some early model new Whips came with the Edson wheel but the aftermarket nuts and knobs.

Attachments

·
Registered
Mitzi 17’ Tournament Sea Borne 21’ Bay
142 Posts
I have to ask about the toe rail and the line spikes. I was debating on adding one or the other to my new skiff. I’m guessing the toe rail didn’t maintain your line so you added the spikes?

·
I Love microskiff.com!
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have to ask about the toe rail and the line spikes. I was debating on adding one or the other to my new skiff. I’m guessing the toe rail didn’t maintain your line so you added the spikes?
I kept the toe rail to keep the original look, otherwise they’re not functional. The spikes work, but on a very windy day I’ll break out the basket

Attachments

·
I Love Skinny Water
6,575 Posts
Friday lengthened the wire on my trolling motor. Went fishing Saturday found my ignition switch worked when it felt like. So I need to replace. Took the switch off this morning found a sealed plug back so how do I match up the 5 wires on the new plug with blades. I'm taking to my marine mechanic

Reactions: flytyn

·
I Love Skinny Water
6,575 Posts
I kept the toe rail to keep the original look, otherwise they’re not functional. The spikes work, but on a very windy day I’ll break out the basket
Like you laundry basket. I was in Wal-Mart today looking for a new one. Just didn't have the color I wanted or my wife would approve. My old one got rusty and I lost it on my last Tarpon trip

·
I Love microskiff.com!
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Like you laundry basket. I was in Wal-Mart today looking for a new one. Just didn't have the color I wanted or my wife would approve. My old one got rusty and I lost it on my last Tarpon trip
Got that off Amazon

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discovered the brass live well pickup fitting was riding on top of the carpeted trailer bunk, and tearing it up a little more each time the boat was winched up onto the trailer - not to mention the added stress of the boat bouncing on that fitting, and not sitting flat on the bunk.
Cut a 1.5" notched section off the bunk where the brass fitting could clear the bunk, and installed new carpet. Also discovered accelerated corrosion where the aluminum bunk supports came in contact with the treated lumber (bunks). Cleaned them up and cut some pieces of plastic milk carton to place between the aluminum and the treated lumber. Also smeared some teflon paste between the stainless hardware and the aluminum, to buy some time with the dissimilar metals.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Had to redrill the Edson mag wheel and put on new Edson knob. 1/4 inch hole with 5/16 by 18 tap. The old knob/bolt sheared off. Replaced the Edson cap with a VMarine cap. Put a new compass in also.

Attachments

·
Curmudgeon Emeritus
1998 Egret C/K 167
5,271 Posts
I've been a busy...

Recent accomplishments. Power washed and buffed hull and console. Removed compass and Simrad, cut a starboard cover and added my Lowrance Elite Ti2 9" and in the hole left from the compass the all important Tevis Tumbler Cup holder. Removed previous staggered individual rod holders with a three rod holder. Replaced cockpit courtesy lights. Added nav lights to console. Replaced stern light. Cut a starboard cover over battery tray. Mounted fire extinguisher. "De-stickered" the skiff the replaced 'Egret' Logo on the hull stern. Replaced the thrust bearing in the Edson knob.

I still have projects I want to start including adding strip LED lights to front hatch, rod lockers and rear hatch. Fix bait well light, finishing buffing out the top deck and cockpit. Fill small screw holes in the console and poling platform with color matched gel coat. Add EVA foam pad to platform. Make a starboard false floor for the front hatch. Plus much more.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts