Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

781 - 800 of 800 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Since I am without a proper boat for the time being I took the stand up paddleboard out twice this past week to an old spot that I used to love. The last time I fished there on my paddleboard I fell in with my phone in my pocket reaching for a big jack on the fly rod. I learned my lesson. So, no pictures, but I managed to catch my first ever tripletail which came on a soft plastic fluke of all things, and today I got a nice snook around 36 inches and hooked into a shark that made me nervous to be on a paddleboard. Scattered in over both trips were a handful of jacks and I spotted a humongous redfish that looked very lost. I've never seen sharks, tripletail or redfish anywhere near this place.

·
Registered
187 Posts
It was not today, but we had an excellent fishing trip with Captain Bob Lemay: @lemaymiami on October 9th. Weather was beautiful and we had consistent action with takes from tarpon, shark, jack crevalle, redfish, trout and snook. The redfish pictured below completed a backcountry slam for me. It was a great day and I highly recommend Captain LeMay if you are looking to fish in the Everglades. We probably ran 60 miles or more through winding creeks in the Everglades back country. That alone was enjoyable. Catching fish was a bonus. Thanks Captain!

781 - 800 of 800 Posts