Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

741 - 760 of 800 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts

I went looking for tarpon, and they were not around, so I decided to see if any snook would cooperate. I got this little guy and another one about the same size. So I did the unthinkable, I left fish to find fish. Specifically to move to a spot that generally holds bigger fish. I made a super stealthy approach and was making my turn to start fishing the shoreline and a pontoon boat with two families comes rumbling by and hucks out an anchor right next to my spot. They were very nice though, and they started catching catfish immediately. It sounded like the kids were having a ball, so it was not possible to be unhappy about it. And I think sometimes a noisy boat will scare fish your way.

On my next retrieve, I saw a swirl on my lure. I let it sit still and wham, nice snook inhaled it and came flying out of the water. Looked to be a decent fish. I was a little too aggressive and she shook the lure off right next to the boat though.

Oh well, it was a nice evening on the water. And after getting skunked by Tarpon for the last couple of weeks, it was nice to get a bite!

·
Plays with Glass...
1,014 Posts
No fish pics but spent 730 to 2 at Fellsmere Reservoir. 25 bass all under 2 pounds. No wind eliminated the current from the East to West channels. Rain made the water fungus green. Tough day but it was perfect weather, just not fishing weather.
0C7E5A50-D964-4C93-8F35-E49C093B68CA.jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
Been taking my dad and brother out for father's day in my skiff for last 5 yrs. Decided to go out in a little more luxury this year and hired Capt Billy Rotne out of Ponce. Had a great day, though I was the only one to get my tarpon in. Got one about 90lb and another about 80lb. Dad fought a bigger one for about 30 mins and threw in the towel. He was drenched in sweat and hurtin lol. Unfortunately my brother broke it off after that. He went to break off another and came un buttoned on two more. He also got to wrestle a 9 ft tiger for a bit. Really an amazing day with great memories. Ridin in that 24 yellowfin nice also.
Screenshot_20200622-082733_Video Player.jpg
IMG_2945.jpg
IMG_2949.jpg

·
Registered
289 Posts
My boat has been given away and while I build my own boat I am hitting the ponds near my house. Got my first spotted gar on a spinnerbait of all things.
20200619_070750.jpg

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,446 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Launched the Mako flats boat on the outside ramp in Flamingo on Thursday morning. Fished around Florida Bay and come up with a keeper Redfish, a 24" trot, and 5 mangroves in the morning and then headed off to the south with Marathon in my sites. Met a friend there in marathon and spent the afternoon hanging by the pool with cocktails. Spent the night at his place and got up early and took his Grady White offshore to begin the hunt for dolphin. While the day produced around 40 dolphin most were small and we kept 10. Got up at 0600 on the 4th and ran the Mako back to Flamingo.

Fun Days
Fun Times
Good Weekend

741 - 760 of 800 Posts