Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry I had to post. I was in true 1-2’ chop in my hpx 18 last weekend and I got wet, no bragging here. It was a cross wind but just saying.. my kid wasn’t sleeping in the back lol.

·
Registered
928 Posts
0-1’, that’s all. I wish I had someone to video the 2-3’ I encountered once in my life at the mouth of Baffin. Kill switch, white knuckles and almost thrown from the boat 3x.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
98 Posts
Funny, I just saw that and was thinking the same way. He also mentioned it was a dry ride, looks like the spray was pretty high and got them wet. Correct me if I’m wrong but looks like a wet ride to me...
bottom of the trough to the top of the
sorry ass so called captain not knowing how to measuring actual sea running conditions an not adjusting the attitude of the boat . and kids are onboard???

·
Registered
123 Posts
You’ll are mighty hornery this eve!

Does it look like 2-3’ to me?
Not at the time the video was filmed, doubt filming would be feasible.
SC has more tide fluctuation than most places in Fl and the Gulf, more tide equals more current, more current means rougher water (when did you ever hear of whitewater rafting on a lake) , especially when the current opposes wind.
They could easily be running across a shalllow bay in seas like in video, only to hit a deep river channel with raging current and suddenly be in entirely a different sea state.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
3,259 Posts
*lol* Might be some rogue 1.5's mixed in there...and he has the nose trimmed down to make it look worse than it is while running.

Those Xplor's are effectively Spear hulls...Harry built their prototype if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
114 Posts
0-1’, that’s all. I wish I had someone to video the 2-3’ I encountered once in my life at the mouth of Baffin. Kill switch, white knuckles and almost thrown from the boat 3x.
Been there too my friend. Baffin can get sketchy in a hurry!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts