Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is your post front water level update from my house on Tiki Island. Yesterday morning after a night of 20-25mph NW winds the bay level was down to about normal high tide level. The winds moderated yesterday and as of 0330 10/13 Sunday morning, the water was about 6" above normal high tide. Hopefully, as we get past this full moon, the water levels will return to normal and the fishing will take off. I didn't check the water temp but a few days ago it was 82 on the flats. For actual detail numbers, you can check NOAA Tides and Currents. I'm just using my observations from my boat dock and bulkhead.

·
1652 G3, & 1756 Lowe tinnys
776 Posts
Thank you. I appreciate real observations. The wind predictions have always varied. The prediction says 10-15. When I get there (2 hours drive) the wind is often piping up at 20+.

·
1652 G3, & 1756 Lowe tinnys
776 Posts
Hmmm. Good post. I was heading down there also. Then, I found out that I left my CC at a restaurant last night. By the time I called the restaurant and recovered my card (Thank Goodness) it was too late. I went to Conroe and only caught one, but it was a nice 19 inch LM Bass. All's well that ends well.
conroe bass1.jpg

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tide levels in West G bay remain high. Fortunately the water is high late at night and during daylight the water level goes down to normal high or slightly above normal high tide levels.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I’m still on the fence. Watching the Astros. The later it gets the less I feel like dragging the boat out. Probably going to be a mourning time decision.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
As of sunset today the actual low tide we had was coming back in to about what is a normal high tide. This front may have done it finally. Fish were really shallow today.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Tide levels are on the high side of normal but pretty much back to normal. This next front should get some real low tides. Water temp was 64 Saturday and 69 today (Monday). Reds still way shallow, trout under scattered birds. I never figure out flounder but lots of folks catching them.

·
Registered
119 Posts
That’s pretty much the same story in cocodrie Sunday, Monday. Lots of small trout. Tide dropped a little today but it was blowing 20+ so it ruined any chances of getting on some reds

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well this latest arctic front has dumped all the water in the bay and dropped the temp, although the water is slowly coming back to normal low levels. Strong tides should move some good clean water back in. Monday it was normal to slightly high tides and 66 degree water. The reds were scattered and a little picky. The sheepies seemed to be more hyper skittish than usual. Water quality was excellent. Clear on the Northshore and clear but stained water way back in the marshes. No telling what it is like currently. I'm not going outside in 37 degree weather...

·
Registered
252 Posts
For a while now, since Imelda, some of the south shoreline marshes have a tannic/brownish color. Sunday it was clear in places, but still had that brown tint. Odd.

·
Banned
12,342 Posts
Hahaha too hot, too cold, too much water, water blew out...
I wish I could get out of this work truck and be wading right now chunking plugs for fat sow trout!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Any updates on the water color / fishing in West Bay? Going this weekend, water is pretty still Saturday and moving more Sunday. Found Redfish schooling in 1'1/2" of water last weekend, landed two 28" swamp donkeys, throwing 5" paddle tails.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts