Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

Well..... I did it again.. Back to Square One!

3364 Views 38 Replies 26 Participants Last post by  paint it black
As some of you may know, I sold my Ankona Advent!

But this time around, there's no fancy skiff replacing it. Well, not for right now at least.
I decided to take it back to my roots, where it all began for me here on Microskiff over a decade ago.

That's right, I picked up another John Boat.

I am going to refit this thing with a couple things in mind. Getting on the water for as little $$ as possible while making it functional and look cool at the same time.
My plans are to do as I did way back then. Use the Johnny for a while and flip it for some coin to move onto another project. Right now I am leaning towards a Gheenoe, or an old Johnsen Skiff. if I can find a Banana River Skiff that would be amazing.

The plan is to flip my way up to a brand new skiff. Likely an Ankona SUV or Salt Marsh Heron 16.

Check out my latest video where I discuss the whole process.

Here are a few pics of the new rig as I got it:
Plant Sky Cloud Natural landscape Tree

Plant Sky Plant community Cloud Natural landscape

Plant Tree Grass Rectangle Slope

Leaf Grass Plant Groundcover Composite material

Cloud Sky Plant Wheel Automotive tire

Plant Asphalt Road surface Grass Automotive exterior

-Eric
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· I Love Skinny Water
8,013 Posts
@paint it black man you have a cool shallow water John there and it came with flotation pine straw and leaves plus dirty rags.
Seriously your going to put an awesome paint job on it with a painted cooler in the back to stand on and pole. Fish it then sell it for 3 times what it's worth
Let's see to build in pictures please

· Registered
“10K Islands adrift on a skiff,my worries escape me,with the flick of my wrist”
1,479 Posts
As some of you may know, I sold my Ankona Advent!

But this time around, there's no fancy skiff replacing it. Well, not for right now at least.
I decided to take it back to my roots, where it all began for me here on Microskiff over a decade ago.

That's right, I picked up another John Boat.

I am going to refit this thing with a couple things in mind. Getting on the water for as little $$ as possible while making it functional and look cool at the same time.
My plans are to do as I did way back then. Use the Johnny for a while and flip it for some coin to move onto another project. Right now I am leaning towards a Gheenoe, or an old Johnsen Skiff. if I can find a Banana River Skiff that would be amazing.

The plan is to flip my way up to a brand new skiff. Likely an Ankona SUV or Salt Marsh Heron 16.

Check out my latest video where I discuss the whole process.

Here are a few pics of the new rig as I got it: View attachment 227390

View attachment 227395
View attachment 227394
View attachment 227392
View attachment 227393
View attachment 227391

-Eric
A whole lot of fish have been caught outta little jon boats

· Registered
4,533 Posts
Johns are fantastic ! Love mine They have so much going for them . They stand on their own merits ! Not some BS fake urban legend that is defended by sophmoric terrorists ! ( and NO I am NOT talking about Chris or Mel ! They are the good guys ) Can't wait to see what you do with her ... And no my spell checker is NOT running right !!!

· Paddling away...
6,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Haha, I'm excited to get started.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts