Website Launch

Discussion in 'The Commercial Zone' started by UnitedFly, Feb 3, 2017.

1. UnitedFly

UnitedFly Well-Known Member

United Fly Outfitters (http://www.unitedflyoutfitters.com) is now up and operational! There's still some work to be done, but inventory is in place and able to be sifted through.

We're specializing is custom tied flies and apparel from fly tyers located all over the states. We carry an inventory of their flies, but we don't repackage. Their branding and packaging stays intact you know exactly whos fly you're getting. For shipping inside the US, you should receive your order in about (3) days.

We will have inventory from (7) tyers by next week, with additional tyers added weekly... Hopefully.

Check it out! Suggestions on future tyers and constructive criticism are welcome!

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
    pt448 and Jfack like this.
  2. duppyzafari

duppyzafari I Love microskiff.com!

Maaaaan, the site looks great! Organizing the flies by region is such an awesome concept.

Jfack likes this.

3. Blue Zone

Blue Zone I Love microskiff.com!

Great concept!

Looking forward to see you grow. I don't know if Cap Lemay is amenable, but I would highly recommend his work if you are interested in adding more tiers. Also, at some point you may want to add custom rod builders; there are some really accomplished craftsmen on here as well.

I'd like to see more Western tiers. The real challenge for you is how to get the word out, perhaps through the guide services?

Maybe it's just be me, but I don't think anyone over 30 should be seen in those gangsta hats...

duppyzafari and UnitedFly like this.
  4. UnitedFly

Thanks!
    I will reach out to him and see if hes at all interested. We have a few guys in the pipes currently ready to produce, just have to get some traction.
    Weve been talking with a few from the PNW, about bringing on some Hoh Bo and Intruders.

As far as spreading the word, right now its a matter of the tyers spreading the word, hitting social media hard, and a soon to be SEO push. May have to reach out to some guides and see if I cant work something out with them directly. Good idea.

Theres more styles of hats to come, including some more traditional bill "classics" with Duppy branding. We also have some art in the works for a few United Fly branded shirts and hoo's.

duppyzafari likes this.
  5. blackmagic1

blackmagic1 I Love microskiff.com!

cool. It would be nice to see some hook size info

UnitedFly likes this.
  6. UnitedFly

I agree!
    I'm currently in the process of adding slides to get rid of that main video that's in a loop. One is explaining how to tell hook sizes. The last number in the SKU specifies what size hook all the flies are tied on.

Example:

xx-xx-xx-1 = Size 1
    xx-xx-xx-2 = Size 2
    xx-xx-xx-1.0 = 1/0
    xx-xx-xx-2.0 = 2/0
    etc. etc.

Then again, I may just add it into all of the descriptions.

Thanks for the input!

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  7. duppyzafari

duppyzafari I Love microskiff.com!

+1 on Capt Lemay & +1 on Custom Rods.

As the producer of the "gangsta hats," I'll (respectfully) defend the original intent of a wide, flat hat brim : maximum sun protection. Better visibility while sight-fishing is an obvious ancillary benefit. Flat brim is all I wear whilst fishing in Florida or the Caribbean, and nobody is mistaking me for Vanilla Ice rather than the 39-year-old Dad that I am.

I also like to wear the functional and ubiquitous Columbia Pocket shirts whilst fishing without any worry of being mistaken for every single male retiree doing his grocery shopping in SW FL.

I don't wear either one when I got to the library.

I take your meaning, though. Different strokes, and all that.

Jfack likes this.
  8. UnitedFly

Hey blackmagic1,
    We went through and added the hook sizes on all of the flies earlier today.

blackmagic1 likes this.
  9. TylertheTrout2

TylertheTrout2 Well-Known Member

looks good dude!

UnitedFly likes this.
  10. UnitedFly

Thank you sir!

11. UnitedFly

New flies from Steelie Bros added last week, and new flies from AS_Flies coming next week.

12. timogleason

timogleason I Love microskiff.com!

Hey Steve

Looks good - nice start. Best of luck growing biz. If you ever need help with product photography, let me know. That is what I do.

13. Roninrus1

Roninrus1 Well-Known Member

Nice, subscribed to newsletter!