Waterproof Digital Camera

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by cal1320, Oct 24, 2007.

1. cal1320

cal1320 Well-Known Member

I am looking at a Sealife Echo Shot camera to use in the boat.Does anyone have any experience with this brand?

2. beavis

beavis Well-Known Member

just looked them up. Seems like they work pretty well from the reviews I found. Finally a waterproof camera and not just a water resistant one. That dc600 looks pretty sweet too.

3. mygheenoe1

mygheenoe1 Well-Known Member

this is what i have
    http://www.steves-digicams.com/2007_reviews/optio_w20.html

4. Big_Fish

Big_Fish Well-Known Member

I saw one in an ad in @ Boatersworld I think it was under 200.00 waterproof to 33 ft shock proof to 5 ft.

5. costefishnt

costefishnt Cost Efish'nt³

i just bought a pentax optio w30, and thus far i love it, despite beavis' advice ;)
    took it snorkeling for four hours while on my cruise last week and the pictures came out nicely. here is a hog fish i found during my trip.

[​IMG]

6. cal1320

cal1320 Well-Known Member

Cool pic of the hogfish [smiley=1-thumbsup3.gif]. I ordered the Ecoshot and it came today. Seems sturdy enough. Takes nice pics above water, I will try it underwater later this month on a cruise. I mainly wanted a camera to use on the boat that would hold up to the salt. If my fishing doesn't improve I wont even need it [smiley=1-smack-myself.gif]. Maybe there is a special lens you have to use to see fish through a camera. That must be it because it couldn't be me ;D.

7. Skinnyreds

Skinnyreds Well-Known Member

I have that camera, and I love it, it does everything I need and more. Best part I don't stress over it being in the boat and getting wet!!
    Mike