Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here ever convert a side console waterman or whipray 16 to a tiller and have any pics? Kinda have the itch to get in a tiller again and trying to decide whether to a) sell the side console I have and wait to find a tiller available, b) find someone willing to trade or c) do the work to have mine converted to one (I fully understand the logistics of doing so so don’t need a lecture on that front). Not really definite if I even go any of these routes but just something I’ve been thinking about and wanted to see if anyone here has had the same itch and went through with a conversion to tiller.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Reactions: Sublime

·
Registered
453 Posts
Anyone here ever convert a side console waterman or whipray 16 to a tiller and have any pics? Kinda have the itch to get in a tiller again and trying to decide whether to a) sell the side console I have and wait to find a tiller available, b) find someone willing to trade or c) do the work to have mine converted to one (I fully understand the logistics of doing so so don’t need a lecture on that front). Not really definite if I even go any of these routes but just something I’ve been thinking about and wanted to see if anyone here has had the same itch and went through with a conversion to tiller.
In general, side consoles sell for more than tillers so I would sell it and buy a new one.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Folks with a tiller want a side console and guys with a side console want the simplicity of a tiller! :mad: Sell her the way she floats and you could go here! https://www.microskiff.com/threads/...tra-customized-by-islamarine-new-price.46641/
Yeah, I know. My smaller boats were all tiller and had tons of experience with consoled boats as well. Figured marrying the two would be fine and off the bat, heck, even now don’t have a problem. Just started missing the feel of a tiller recently is why I asked. And although I’d love to own that particular Waterman, I don’t have the deep enough pockets for it. Plus with as much shell as we have here in the Galveston complex, it’s really hate to mess up boat as perfect as that.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I
In general, side consoles sell for more than tillers so I would sell it and buy a new one.
I agree that would be the easiest route. I just may do that in the later future. Was just hoping to see if anyone made the conversion so I could see the project in pictures.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts