WaterBug Mods

Discussion in 'Boat Yard Basics' started by Stonehenge, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Stonehenge

Stonehenge I Love microskiff.com!

I inherited a Waterbug from my brother. Appears to be in fairly decent shape. I was thinking the hull needs to be re-painted and am considering customizing the interior with some casting platforms front and back.

I have zero fiberglass experience. Never had a need to do it in the past but am a carpenter so think it wouldn't be too much of a learning curve.

Any issues with putting a casting platform or modifying a water bug? What I am concerned with is the side walls appear to have foam encased in fiberglass running along the length of the boat. If I do perform these mods should I remove this or work around/over it?

I have pics but don't know how to upload...
  2. DuckNut

DuckNut Brandon, FL

Welcome to the forum. Lots of people willing to help.

Look in the main menu - there is an entire section on it.

Once you do that you will get the answers you need.

3. WhiteDog70810

WhiteDog70810 Mostly Harmless

Is it a Gheenoe clone? You can easily put a decks and casting platforms on it. Lots of guys have on every one of the Gheenoe type hulls, but the hull dimensions are very important. If it is a 13' hull, I wouldn't do it because I think they are too small to raise the center of gravity. If it is a 15+' hull, go ahead. I'd probably work around the foam on the sides if possible.