Watch what you post :-(

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by noeettica, Jul 8, 2011.

1. noeettica

noeettica Well-Known Member

This guy is on FS ! Probably here too! There have already been 8 Convictions baised on peoples Internet posts ...

So think twice when showing Illegal Fish , Overpowered Boats etc ... We ARE being watched !!!

About Me
    Friends

Basic Information

About NOAA-Enforcement

Biography
    21 years as a Special Agent with NOAA Law Enforcement.
    Please keep in mind I’m here because I love to fish, freshwater, saltwater, anywhere or anytime. Working with the Florida Sportsman is a collateral (volunteer) duty; my main duty is working as a field agent for NOAA Enforcement.
    If you want an answer to a federal fishing regulation question I will answer it if I know it or will make sure I contact the right person in the area to get you an answer in a timely manner. I will only give you an answer that I’m willing to put my name on and stand behind.
    My main concern is that everyone understands the regulations and enjoys their time on the water.
    I can’t comment on state regulations even if I know the answer. It is their area of expertise. I will not comment on this agency, other agencies or why a regulation or law is on the books, the office of law enforcement does not make regulations.

Interests
    Fishing and hunting

Occupation
    Law Enforcement

Signature

My purpose on this site is to help everyone understand the Federal Fishery Regulations. Working with the Florida Sportsman is a collateral (volunteer) duty I asked for and enjoy; I love to fish as much as possible and I will only give you an answer that I’m willing to put my name on and stand behind. Sometimes that means checking with other agents/offices in the area of concern.
    Please Stay Safe And Have A Wonderful Day.
    Special Agent Ron Messa
    NOAA's Office For Fishery Law Enforcement
    Contact

This Page
    http://forums.floridasportsman.com/member.php?3379-NOAA-Enforcement

Statistics

Total Posts

Total Posts

Posts Per Day

General Information

Last Activity
    07-06-2011 06:12 PM

Referrals

2. The_Skiff_Shop

The_Skiff_Shop Well-Known Member

You should be watching what you post even if he's not watching. ;)

NoeEttica
    Forum Member

1.61 Posts per day Date Registered: Sep 23rd, 2007 at 6:36pm
    1383 Days since joining
    Contact Information
    Personal Message: Click to send a Personal Message to NoeEttica
    Signature
    There WILL be NO frigging in the Rigging Untill the Rigging She is rigged for Frigging ...
    Additional Information
    View › Watch what you post :-(Last PM: Jul 6th, 2011 at 6:36pm
    Show the last posts made by NoeEttica.
    Advertisement

3. Batt34786

Batt34786 I Love microskiff.com!

Holy cow! Could I go to jail for hanging a 15 hp outboard on my Gheenoe that's rated for 9.9 (which, for the record, I have not yet done)? 28 years in construction and development and I'd get 10-20 for overpowering - which is still worth the risk if I can get 8 mph more.

4. topnative2

topnative2 Well-Known Member

the guilty flee were none pursue ;D

5. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

It's quite simple, don't do stupid things then brag about it on the internet. You wouldn't commit a crime, document it with pictures and a narrative them go to the police station and say with a smile on your face... "look at what I did!" Well doing this kind of thing on the internet is just as stupid. I know for a fact that LEO's follow this site...

;)

6. noeettica

If I can save one person ...

7. wjpitts

wjpitts I Love microskiff.com!

The prevailing attitude seems to be "don't do stupid stuff, illegal stuff, poach, etc and post it on the internet".

How about just don't do it. I don't care if you have a jet engine on your 10 foot boat, but poaching (this includes fishing violations) is stealing and it pisses me off!

It's not OK whether you are stupid enough to post it or not. Do it and you deserve to get caught and punished.

8. noeettica

This is why I do not fish period !

too F'in Complicated !!!

9. alain_vallejo

alain_vallejo Screw work!!! I'm going fishing!!!

Poaching is one thing, but if i want to go 100mph on my gheenoe, who is anyone from stopping me?

10. wjpitts

wjpitts I Love microskiff.com!

Amen to that. Is it actually illegal to exceed the HP rating on a boat? I have never heard that before. Seems a little nitpicky to me.

11. SilentHunter

SilentHunter Resin Slinger

i hung a 300xs on my 10ft jon boat flat bottom lowe thats rated for 2 hp.... is that legal?

12. JimCameron

JimCameron I Love microskiff.com!

If you are operating a mono hull under 20' in the State of Florida and you exceed the hp on the boats plate, I believe you are in violation of Florida Statutes 327.52 look it up.

I also believe that this is a non-criminal infraction for which you may be cited. Kind of like a Speeding ticket. I also believe that the fine increases dramatically if you are a repeat "offender".

My guess would be if you are stopped for another offense, and mouth off, you'd get this citation as well. And....maybe every time you see that officer afterwards.

13. Les_Lammers

Les_Lammers Well-Known Member

You want to hurt yourself...fine...but you may end up doing it to someone else. BTW, the hull design will limit top speed and you lose a lot of control overpowering. There are valid reasons for max ratings. ;)

14. noeettica

I do "Low power" experiments  and slow cruse videos ... very enjoyable ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8rHmuhA8p0&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

15. Monoman

Monoman Night snookin' preferred

do, not what you post. Anyone dumb enough to break the law and brag about it brings it upon themselves. There is always the chance that they broke the law unknowingly and they say ignorance is no excuse but I don't always agree with that. Heck some of the LEOs don't understand all of the laws or can properly ID some species.

Just my .02

16. The_Skiff_Shop

The_Skiff_Shop Well-Known Member

I respectfully request that I'm not paraphrased and then taken out of context.  If that's what I meant, I would have posted it.

The original post takes a guy, post info from another site and hangs him out for scrutiny when he is simply trying to help people and/or doing the job we pay him to do.

I stand by "what you post".

You make a valid point but I didn't take the poster to raise. ;)

TYVM
    CR/TSS

17. topnative2

NOE>>> " There have already been 8 Convictions baised on peoples internet posts"

Please tells us what/where you got this info. because NMFS usually deals w/  commercial violations...and not joe fisherman unless it has been referred by fwc like in billfish incidents or ,again , commercial violations.

I would hazard to guess that if cases were made it was because of continual violations which were ,ultimately, observed by officers.

The "man" is being paid to enforce the laws by you and everybody else or is this is a case of do it to the other guy and not me............?

How many times have we bi---- because of what we saw happen and the lack of law enforcement around to catch the crooks-----

[smiley=soapbox.gif]

18. noeettica

Top I pm'ed you the source ;-)

19. topnative2

I am soooooooory I asked [smiley=1-doh.gif].... pages and pages of rants [smiley=1-crazy-eyes.gif]
    I will go thru it all in segments.
    thanks

20. topnative2

O.K.----one man w/ an agenda makes a claim of the FS site. The rant goes on from there> from hating the feds and all things connected>w/o any documentation or what the alleged arrests were for.

I stand by my previous post.

Lets relax and set the example for the kids of how to live ones life w/in the law----they have enough examples of how not to do it.
    [smiley=1-beer.gif]