Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, and Merry Christmas.

I've got a 1999 30hp Yamaha 2-stroke on my Pathfinder 15t, it runs like a top but recently the low oil/overheat warning light has been coming on and the RPM/rev limiter has been engaging at higher rpm's. It's burning oil and water's streaming out of the pee hole like normal, so I have reason to believe it's a faulty sensor somewhere in the oil pump assembly. What would be some of the first things you guys check? I've wanted to get rid of the oil injection system entirely and run pre-mix just for simplicity, but have heard plenty of people say 'ohh the Yamaha 2-stroke oil injection never fails.'

Also, this is probably a silly question but without being connected to a battery (it's a pull start), where does the oil pump get its power from? Vacuum lines? Have any of you ever converted from injection to pre-mix on this motor?

Any and all suggestions, advice, and recommendations are welcomed. Thanks so much.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,057 Posts
Unplug the wires coming from the oil tank and the warning light will go out if it's a oil system issue. I also had a over heating issue because of trash plugging up the thermostat. It's really easy to pull out for inspection. The power comes from the coils under the flywheel.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts