SOLD/EXPIRED Wanted to Buy-Florida Fliver

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by Tony_DeBella, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Tony_DeBella

Tony_DeBella I Love microskiff.com!

Hi All...

I am new to the group, I like the format and the Chat! I just bought a new home on Tampa Bay in Ruskin and I am looking for a Fliver. I found the molds for sale on Craigslist from a boat maker in Fort Meyers. He is still building them until he sells the molds but would like to find one already rigged and intact. Is there anybody out there that can point me in the right direction or help me out. Thanks.

F4flier

2. Gramps

Gramps Living & Dying in 3/4 Time

First, welcome to the forum! Johnny Walker Black on the rocks please!

Second http://www.microskiff.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1236046121

Third, I would not recommend that style of boat for your area; I spent a good amount of time on the South Shore starting in a Kayak then a Gheenoe Classic.  Those waters are entirely to rough for a boat like that, unless you only cherry pick the days you go.  A chop can blow up quickly that will beat you up even in much larger skiffs.  Take a look around at all of the different skiffs we run, ask questions and test ride, test ride, test ride!   :D ;D :D

3. Tony_DeBella

Hi Gramps...thanks for the super quick reply. I have no intentions of leaving the Little Manatee River inlet with it and certainly would not venture out into the "Bay". I have a 25' Altas Boats diesel powered downeaster for that adventure. I lived on Sebastian Inlet for 15 years and now live on Manatee Pocket in Port Salerno (St. Lucie Inlet) on the East Coast. I am looking for the Fliver as a novelty. Sort of a bobber to float around in front of my house with, certainly no more than a mile or less away from my dock on the river!!! Thanks...Tony

4. tom_in_orl

tom_in_orl Founder of Microskiff, Member of the Gheenoe Army

Welcome to the forum. [smiley=beer.gif]

Good chance someone around here will spot one for sale.

5. Gramps

Gramps Living & Dying in 3/4 Time

Ah good stuff then Tony! That would be a neat little toy for sure and the river will suit it well. I will keep an eye out for one.

6. Tony_DeBella

Thanks Gramps and Tom for the welcome...I am glad that I stumbled on to this forum!!!!!

7. mark_gardner

mark_gardner I Love microskiff.com!

[smiley=welcome.gif] nice to have you :)

8. TonySanso

TonySanso I Love microskiff.com!

Neat little boat but that was a scary clown!!!! :eek:

Tony

9. The_Skiff_Shop

The_Skiff_Shop Well-Known Member

I see them from time to time on CL but they are usually pretty beat. With a 25 Merc 2 smoke those things are insane. :cool:

10. skydiver77

skydiver77 Well-Known Member

I had a fliver as a kid with a 20 on it it would fly! I would love to still have it with a small outboard it would make a nice ultra micro skiff

11. dscott

dscott Well-Known Member

They are calling it a Flipper in the ad.

http://orlando.craigslist.org/boa/1438712166.html

DBS

12. Tony_DeBella

Hi DBS, Thanks for the lead...it may have potential.

Tony

13. tom_in_orl

Just talked to the guy. He doesn't have a title for it.

14. Tony_DeBella

Thanks Tom I sent him an email but did not hear back...is there any way to title the boat? I am no expert...I have always had titles...

15. tom_in_orl

The only legal way in Florida is to have the true owner get a duplicate title.

Some people are willing to break the law and falsify documentation for a homemade title :mad: This recently came up on another forum and someone responded by quoting the FL law on the subject. This is what you would have to agree to if you were to try it.

"4. I(WE) hereby certify that the vessel described below has never been previously registered or titled with the State of Florida, or in any other state or country, and that a Manufacturer’s Statement of Origin or Builder’s Certificate has never been issued for said vessel."

http://www.flhsmv.gov/hsmvdocs/dmv87002.pdf

16. Tony_DeBella

Thanks for the effort Tom...the other one on Craigslist in FL has a homemade vessel title already. The whole thing sounds like a hassle. You said that you called him? I did not see a phone number in his ad...Do you think it is worth the effort or should I look for a better deal. It looks like it probably has no trailer either so transport would be a hassle as well. If you have his number let me know...I may still consider it...thanks again for your effort

Tony

17. tom_in_orl

He called me back after I emailed him at the craigslist address. I will send you a PM with the number off my phone.

18. jimbarn1961

jimbarn1961 GOT FEESH?

New fliver listed today Tampa craigslist, not mine. http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/boa/1448061784.html
    hope this helps u out

19. HaMm3r

HaMm3r Well-Known Member

20. Jacbo

Jacbo Well-Known Member

This one looks like they just popped it out of the mold. I like that it has decks too.

http://spacecoast.craigslist.org/boa/1479309890.html