Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

Wanted Rear deck and poling platform for J16

2166 12
Hey guys I looking for a used but in good shape rear deck and platform for my J16 Carolina skiff
Thanks in advance.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
36 Posts
I started with a Carolina....went to a lagoon, then a dolphin super skiff 87' , then a mitzi 17t 13' and now a maverick hpx micro which all pole significantly better than the flat bottom of the Carolina. The Carolina also produce a lot of hull slap if trying to sneak up on spooky reds.

·
Registered
2000 CS J - 16 w/ 50 hp Tohatsu
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I started with a Carolina....went to a lagoon, then a dolphin super skiff 87' , then a mitzi 17t 13' and now a maverick hpx micro which all pole significantly better than the flat bottom of the Carolina. The Carolina also produce a lot of hull slap if trying to sneak up on spooky reds.
Got ya , also a very wet boat on a lil chop, o would really like a nice flats boat like the one to had , but , when I move down to Sasaa in a few yrs I m thinking of an LT 25 and trick it out as it will be more in the retirement budget..lol

·
Registered
2000 CS J - 16 w/ 50 hp Tohatsu
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lt 25 is pretty cool rig my father in law has a stick srear w/ a 25 hp in it and is pretty versatile
I bet it flys with the 25 , never been in a Stick Steer , they use them a jon boat alot on the Susky , the LT open floor plan looks like the way to go for me .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.