Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

wanted: aluminum boat w/ title

SOLD/EXPIRED 
4K views 23 replies 7 participants last post by  Capt Dan Medina 
#1 ·
As tittle says, I am looking for a DEAL on a good aluminum boat. I recently moved to the Dunnellon, FL from Miami and made the mistake of selling my Hewes before coming up.In an attempt to learn the new local waters, I am "dowgrading" to an easier to trailer, lighter, more economical boat. I would prefer to have an aluminum WELDED jon boat, anywhere from 12-20 ft. The motor is very important to me as I plan on using the boat a minimum of 3x a week and I dont like getting stranded! Tiller or console, it is all the same to me.....Here is a list of my requirements:

12-20 ft
Welded
Solid, younger motor
aluminum trailer (preferred but not the deal breaker)
polling platform (preferred but not deal breaker)
Flat bottom or Tunnel Hull( need 10 inch max draft when motor is tilted)
Storage space/ hatches
trolling motor is a big plus!

models I have seen that fit the bill include Sea Ark, Crestliner, Alumaweld, G3, ETC.

I have seats I can install as well as a new bilge pump, rod holders, etc. My price range is up to 2000 but prefer to spend less (of coarse the more options the boat has that I like/want, the more willing I am to work with you.) Shoot me some pics and specs

Capt. Dan ;D

See less See more
#5 ·
Jorge- We both know that there are deals out there and that is what I am looking for right now.... with fall/winter coming, many people will try to get rid of their boats and could use the extra cash... Believe me when I say I wish I had more to spend right now, but with a 1 year old and another on the way, my budget just doesnt allow me to spend more right now. I have seen a few that "fit the bill" but am patiently waiting to see what else comes along.... Being that this forum seems to be a pretty tight group, I put this up to see if someone has something or maybe they know of one in their area locally.

By the way, hows your little one doing?

#6 ·
The little one is doing fine man. They grow up fast. She is 14 months already. Congrats on the new addition that will arrive soon, and God bless. I hear you on the situation man. I also wanted to upgrade and get a bigger boat, but in the end it was cheaper to invest a little in mine, bit by bit. Maybe I'm wrong. Just seemed that under 2k with evrything perfectly working is hard to find. I have a beater no frills aluminum that I'm selling in this same section. Just got done painting it with Steelflex. It's a bare hull with built in bench seats. It can get you started if you add a cheap trailer and outboard. 25hp would be more than enough to get good speed. Anyway good luck bro! Big change moving up there from Miami.

#7 ·
Keep looking.
I had seen a nice 16' Grizzly with a merc 25 fourstroke for $2800 months ago.
I almost bought it just for the outboard.
I'm sure he could have been brought down some.

But anyway, good luck.
The right deal will pop up on craigslist, you just need to have your A game going and pick it up before anyone else.

I like to use a website "Elitedealseeker.com" in order to search all florida cities on craigslist.
It'll show you everything posted in Florida.
My buddy picked up a 16' mod-v with a perfectly running 40 and trailer for $1200 up in Port Charlotte that I had found through elitedealseeker.com.

#8 ·
Jorge, good to hear the little ones doing good. I am keeping your jon in mind... I am trying to get a flat bottom to run ozello and some of the other area... I should have kept my Hewes but got nervous with all the rock up here.... And yes, it is def a big change from miami.... I miss it every day....

Paint it black- That is the kind of deal I would be looking for.... I have several days off a week to go check things out which works to my advantage. I will check out the site... thanks for the info...

#13 ·
so... I ended up talking to the guy for about 15 minutes on the phone and it does seem like a pretty good, clean rig.... Only issue I had was that it is an 80's model riveted boat.... Nothing against them, just with as much as I plan on using it, I really do prefer all welded... missed another listing for a grizzly and 25 merc 2 stroke (they sell fast!)....

#17 ·
no problem buddy.... I talked to him already and it is within range.... waiting out the weekend and if I dont find anything before then, I just might be swinging by cape coral.....

#20 ·
It certainly does fit the bill well....It is everything I wanted minus being all welded..... Deerfly, being up in this area, can you recommend any good welders that might be able to tack all the rivets for me? The boat has steelflex on the bottom already....

#21 ·
so on my nightly prowl on CL looking for a skiff that will fit the bill, I came across one that I think is going to serve me well...

Its a duracraft, 14 ft with lots of storage space already built in.... its got a front deck which is great as well as a trolling motor.... oh. and did I mention it comes with a 2001 25 hp merc tiller? Best part, 1200 OBO.... Yes, it needs a trailer, but shouldnt be a problem picking one up for around 100 bucks as the jon doesnt weigh all that much....I will get to see/run her in the morning... :cool:

#22 ·
so I sealed the deal this morning on the 14'8" boat above.... motor ran great and the boat is better than I thought it would be especially at the pricepoint I got it at.... thought the deck was made of wood but it turned out to be aluminum.... big plus! Boat needs attention in a few areas, but they will be finished up soon enough now I need to find me a small trailer that will fit in the garage.... the boat is in the garage now and it is a super tight fit (as I only have a 1 car garage and all my other junk is lining the edges)...

a pic when i bought it....

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.