Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I picked up a great reel from a member here and now need to grab a rod to go with it.
Looking for a tarpon rod to take to FL at the end of the month.
I’ve been trying to find a quality used 12wt rod, but have seen much come up lately.
Was originally thinking of something shorter to fish with from a kayak, but a 9’ should still be okay.

Looking for something like a Hardy SWS, Scott S4S or Meridian, Sage Salt (HD?), Loomis NRX or anything else that has enough backbone to not break on me. I’ve also eyed the new Redington Predators and TFO mangroves, but was hoping for something that’s a little lighter if possible.

Thanks in advance!

·
I Love microskiff.com!
168 Posts
I have a Hardy Sintrix one piece 11wt. The lower 3 guides have been replaced with Fuji SIC stripping guides. I’m located in Miami. $350

Reactions: Newman

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a Scott Tidal 12 weight, 9 ft, 4 piece...excellent condition...My experience is I would want a 12 weight for Florida Tarpon...the Redington Predator for the buck is an amazing rod BTW...used the 12 weight a fair bit!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After thinking about it a bit more, and since I already have 12wt line, maybe a 12wt is the way to go.
PM incoming on the Tidal.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
168 Posts
I also have 2 12wt Hardy Sintrix for sale. $325 each

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just realized it sounded like I used the Scott a lot...I was referring to the Redington predator as the rod i used ...the tidal is pristine!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts