Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to store my trolling motor on my garage wall. Just looking for tips on what to use to hang it on. TIA

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could you mount a quick release puck on the garage wall?
I suppose you could, but hanging it then pinning it would be a hassle just bnecause of the weight (Terrova) and awkwardness of the trolling motor. Mainly looking to drill like a 2 prong style so I can just rest the base on it.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
483 Posts
I used to have a couple screw in ladder hangers up high - you hang the foot on them and leave it hanging upside down on the wall. That's the best method I found but now I just have it on a shelf.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used to have a couple screw in ladder hangers up high - you hang the foot on them and leave it hanging upside down on the wall. That's the best method I found but now I just have it on a shelf.
A shelf seems to be an easy resolution...

·
I Love microskiff.com!
483 Posts
A shelf seems to be an easy resolution...
I went to a shelf since I put the battery and the motor there - I like to have the battery out of the bow hatch for weight and space when I'm not using the motor (and I rarely use the motor).

Hanging it up high gets it out of the way more since I have shelves and/or hanging stuff all over all my garage walls. Much harder to hang the battery though.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
686 Posts
They make a hook that you can hang the head/tail of a weed wacker on the wall with. I bet it would hold the foot of the trolling motor just fine. So would many of the hooks they sell for wall mounting shovels, brooms, and that sort of thing.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
389 Posts
I suppose you could, but hanging it then pinning it would be a hassle just bnecause of the weight (Terrova) and awkwardness of the trolling motor. Mainly looking to drill like a 2 prong style so I can just rest the base on it.
I like this idea too. Mount the puck kind of low so that you can mount the motor to be vertical on the wall and I bet it wouldn't be too heavy/bulky to mount to the wall

·
Lowcountry Degen
1,652 Posts
I used 2 hooks that were this style, and I hang my TM against the wall by the motor part. I'll try to remember snap a picture when I get home. Very much out of the way.

·
Lowcountry Degen
1,652 Posts
I just made sure to span 2 studs with the 2x4 (or maybe 2x6, whatever is needed to get both screws from the hooks), then marked where the hooks needed to go to support the motor best.

2019-02-07 11.12.23.jpg
2019-02-07 11.11.59.jpg
2019-02-07 11.11.44.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts